Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Erection Problems...

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hey, i'm only 20 years old and i'm already having erection problems. I have an overactive sex drive and have been having sex since I was 15, constantly with many girlfriends over the years. And if sex isn't available I masterbate. I've been having problems getting an erection lately. It's never rock hard anymore, always sort of limp/hard. I can't drink and get an erection anymore either. I've been trying to go for periods at a time without any sexual activity in hopes it might help (which is difficult for me ), but it doesn't seem to be working...Unless I should go for a loooong period of time like months maybe? Is this normal for someone of my age, should I be looking into taking medicine like provigro or something? It could even be a mental aspect, the past couple times i did have sex i completely overanalyzed the situation, couldnt stop thinking about my situation, was nervous to even get in bed, could that maybe be an aspect? I drink alot of diet drinks, and diet, recently lost 70 pounds four or five months ago...could that be a factor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well there are a couple of things that could be at play here.

First, you are getting older. It's really easy for a teenager to get turned on by everything and want sex all the time. As you get older and more mature, that mellows out. This is perfectly normal and healthy.

Also, drinking (for many people) causes sensation to decrease and pleasure to decrease, and for males makes it hard to get an erection or ejaculate.

Unless your erection problems are getting in the way of actual sex (like you can't maintain an erection long enough to penetrate your partner) then it's not really a problem. I wouldn't worry unless it actually starts interfering with your sex life.

And it could be mental- try to relax!!
|

replied October 11th, 2007
im 16 years old and i always get erections sumtimes even from nothin it so annoyin lol it gettin worst and i hate it wen im in class and i get a hard on, and i keep tryin 2 think of sumit 2 try and get bck 2 floppy it hard tho agen im bein really stupid lol
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
TheLway- that's normal for your age. I promise all your friends are going through it too! All I can suggest is to wear long shirts or something!
|