Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

How Long? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
would u cook giant baked potatoes? these are like big fat steroid potatoes. i was thinking 2hrs cuz my granny does a regular size one for 1 hr. what do u think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You can boil them first. THEN(wrap them in foil&) put them in the oven for about an hour.

That will cut about a half an hour maybe form your cooking time.

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
I think 2 hours is a little long for a potato, unless it is mondo. I would think 1 1/2 hours. If you can poke a fork in it, it is done Smile

What else are ya making?
|

Especially eHealthy
i microwave them (a normal sized one for 7-8 minutes) then put it in the oven to make the outside crispy.
|

Especially eHealthy
mmm baked potato with cheddar cheese, onions, and loads of butter.

*hungry and havent eaten today*
|

User Profile
Supporter
dont forget the bacon bits mmmmmmmmmmmm
|

Especially eHealthy
oh yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

give me some right now.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm eating potatoes right now. In my soup! This is the only way Adriana will eat potatoes, in this soup. Weird kid.

Let us know how the giant spud baking goes. I've got enormous sweet potatoes here that I need to bake, and don't know how long to bake 'em for.
|

Especially eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
I'm eating potatoes right now. In my soup! This is the only way Adriana will eat potatoes, in this soup. Weird kid.

Let us know how the giant spud baking goes. I've got enormous sweet potatoes here that I need to bake, and don't know how long to bake 'em for.

Skin them, boil them until soft, then mash them up with some buttah and sprinkle with brown sugar. OMG! Heaven. Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
omg i hate u guys for talking about food.

i want some food.

i need to go grocery shopping.
|

Especially eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:

i want some food.

Are you going to get potatoes? Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You guys forgot the sour cream....mmmmm.....

I'm starving. All I've had to eat today are some strawberry hard candy. That is all I can eat, everything else sounds good untill I smell it, then...not so much. But, I'm so hungry that it's starting to make me sick on my stomache. Sad I would get sick right before I go away for the weekend.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Mmm, maybe that will be dinner tonight! My parents want to take Adriana tonight, so that will give me a chance to spend time on dinner for once! No leftovers tonight!

I made a huge kettle of soup that we're still working on. It's so good....then it gets old.
|

User Profile
Supporter
MM... twice baked potatoes:

Bake potatoes for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
After they aren't too hot to handle, Cut potatoes in half and spoon out the insides until you have boats.
Mix the potatoes with butter, milk, sour cream, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and chives.
Load the boats and toss them back into the oven just so the insides get warm.
Top the boats with more cheddar cheese and back into the oven until the cheese has melted.
Voila!
These are AWESOME! Haven't found anyone that didn't love them yet. They are a little time consuming but OH so worth the wait!
|

Especially eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
rainfire1424 wrote:

i want some food.

Are you going to get potatoes? Smile

lol u betcha! Rob loves backed potatoes. OOh chicken cordon bleu, baked potatoes, cream corn, and corn bread! Peach cobbler for dessert.

Yum.
|

Especially eHealthy
look at what you guys have done
im sitting here starving lol

and now im even more starving
|

User Profile
Supporter
Me too!! My post about twice baked potatoes made me salivate!!!

I haven't eaten anything today yet...it's 4 but I'm waiting for my brother to pick up his baby so I can leave and get some food! I don't have her carseat!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I made potatoes today. I called it "food slop", I made mashed potatoes and mixed it with onions, corn, and peas. I sort of just made it up on the spot but it was food and food is always good and yum.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
omg im hungry.
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
;.c, ,, salt n bacon bits. yop talk about calories!!

twice bake sound delicious but I couldnt do that much work.

I made pork chops n spinach with them for dinner, my mom doesnt do real dinner cuz she works so late so i figured id start doing it cuz other wise my brother eats like a sandwich when he gets home and then whatever my mom throws together.
|
12 >>
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply