Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Mechanical Baby

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok...For the longest time ive wanted a baby...But im only 16 so ive decided to wait..In school we have to take a mandatory health class...There is a project that we have to do..We get a mechanical baby for 6 days...When it cries you have to stick a key in the back and then it continues to cry until you do what it needs, such as feed it, change the diaper, burp it, rock it, e.T.C
I have a lot more respect for all of you teen mothers and mothers to be...Before I thought it was all just fun and now...Wow ive only had it for two days and it takes a lot of work...If you neglect or abuse the baby then you get points taken away from your grade..Even though this is just for a grade and nothing like real life with an infant..I still have to commend all of you...Goodluck!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jenni
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you! May I ask what grade you in?? They should may girls take them dolls home starting in 6th grade I think! Maybe I would have changed my mind! Laughing
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
I had those babies! They are nothing like a real child! They are irritating and stupid and I wanted to throw mine out a window! In my opinion they are nothing like a real child! A real child is someone to hold and take care of. That doll, nothing can help....You keep remembering it's a piece of plastic! I thought it was useless!

Love,
chanda
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
I had to take that baby home in school also, and let me tell you...It is nothing like a real baby!!!!!! When I had that doll, it was a piece of cake! My daughter is a very well behaved infant, but darn....The doll is easy compaired to a real baby!

Sara, steve, and jayden
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol they arent anything like a real child! In fact, they're much easier than a real child. Ive taken that doll 3 times and in my intro to preschool class, we're doin that course right now and I find it so much easier than a real baby. Man, another reality hit lol!

Shauna
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Ha Yea..
It is pretty easy.. Its not fun though..People gave me the weirdest looks when I went out to dinner last night. I remember when my friend had a baby and it was not this easy, thats why I have to commend all of you, because even just having this baby for 3 days is still extremely inconvient right now in my life and its made me realize that having a baby isnt all fun and games. And im def. Not ready for it. I know its nothing like a real child and im thankful for that because right now, its not something I need. The only thing its really taught me is that..When I wanna do something but that baby starts crying I have to stop everything and tend to it until it stops. Its also taught me that im not ready for this, which I guess is the whole purpose of the project.
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Oh and im in 10th grade..And I just turned 16
|

replied March 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied March 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Me and my friend whitney, who also has a son, were walking around the mall last weekend. And this girl was coming out of the store we were going in.. I looked at her, and I was like aww you look so tiny to have a baby, because she had a baby on her shoulder, with a blanket over the head and stuff. Her response : "because I am not a prostitute, and I dont have a child, its fake you freak"... I was like ohh hell no, whitney was like stacie lets goo!!

It was soo funny!! But so mean!! We were about to snap!!
|

replied March 30th, 2004
Hahah Wow
I can understand how she felt, because I did get a lot of dirty looks from people but she so didnt have to react that way..
|

replied July 9th, 2010
where do u get 1 of these dolls ?

..megan x
|

replied October 21st, 2010
bad bbys or good bbys
i learned alot for the mechanical babies.
i was in the 7th. grade.
and i had it for a weeek.
even tho' i had a perfect grade,
the baby showed alot of the signs that
real babies do!
it changed my mind about having unpretected sex.
( i also tried to ake out the batteries at 430 am)
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Were to find a baby to prove a point
In my school we dont have a project like that in my health class. my boyfriend keeps telling me how he wants to have a baby right now and were only 16! i wanted to know were i could find one of those mechanical babys to have for a little and try and convinces him why its not a good idea to have a baby right now! Does anyone know were i could find one of those babys just to borrow for a little? i dont want to have to buy one because i only want to use it for a little?
|

replied September 14th, 2012
Grrrrr
This baby is NOT easy. I am so tired of people saying this. This baby is very hard for kids who have had no experience with babies or with babies like this. None of the babies have a routine so you have to get used to never knowing when the baby will wake up or need attention. I had the baby and did awful.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile