Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Hot flashes + moody + late period + tied tubes = am I preggo

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I am at a complete loss here. I am 45 yrs. old. I've had regular periods since puberty. I have had 4 children and know what it's like to feel pregnant. Lately, my periods have been coming closer together (28 days apart as opposed to 30 6 months ago). I was having hot flashes and night sweats and very moody up for about 6 months up until just the last 2 weeks. I had my tubes tied 21 yrs. ago, but since then have had at least 2 miscarriages - no normal pregnancies though. I had unprotected sex 22 days ago. It would have been very near the middle of my cycle. Now I am 8 days late for my period. I have very tender breasts, feel bloated, but no cramps (I usually have major cramps before my period). I felt a little nauseous this morning when I went to drink my coffee, but think it could have just been a little bug or something. I am just wondering what the chances are of me being pregnant... or if anyone else has had this experience. Also I'm wondering if I am... what are the odds of being able to carry this baby to term?? HELP
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Probably higher for you since it sounds as if you have been pregnant twice since your tubes have been tied.

Take a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant. You'll need to get into a doctor ASAP considering your age and history.

Good luck!
|

replied January 21st, 2009
were you pregnant - Oct 2007
I just googled my own symptoms and found your post from October 18 months ago. Were you pregnant? I've made a docs appt as a test was neg, but it was well past it's sell by and early tests can give false negs can't they. As in your case I am 45 and have four children, my youngest is 5, and i just now feel like i can spend proper time with them as well as having a little time for myself, so another pregnancy would be challenging - disastrous financially - but something will turn up as they say. I'd be really interested to hear your story.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Being 45, have you considered this could be peri-menopause?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
pregnant or peri-menopause
Yes, that's what the answer is i suppose, either one or the other - rather anxious to know which though. Plus, although not completely reckless as regards contraception, i have always seen my period as welcome confirmation!
|

I had my tubes tied in may
i am pregnate i do not understand how it happened
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: I had my tubes tied in may
ericaid wrote:
i am pregnate i do not understand how it happened

There are occassions where the tubes can grow back together. Whether your tubes were cut, burned and tied off or just cut and tied or even just clamped makes a big difference in the risk of future pregnancy. All of this should have been explained to you when you had the original surgery.

Nothing is 100% when it comes to birth control. Discuss this with your doctor.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2009
i have a question is there anyway possible i could get pregnant i had a tubes clipped tied and burnt 3 years ago no i wanna a baby i oldest is 6 and youngest is 3 on 8-18-09 i am 25 years old please help me cause they ask all the time when they have a baby brother/sister i dont' know what to tell them and besides that i am going to get married and my future husband doesn't have and childern and we would love to have one together so i am asking for help do i have a chance??? please help me
|

replied April 29th, 2010
Hot flashes , Tender breasts and late period...Am i pregnant?
hi.. Im young.. just twenty and had unprotected sex during the middle of my cycle.. although i took and morning after pill im havin hot lfashes.... my breasts are very tender and my period is late... i plan on taking a pregnancy test over the weekend but what are my chances of being pregnant... In worried?
|

replied June 26th, 2011
the morning after pill is only sucessful if you take it within 72 hours of unprotected sex. The sooner you take it the better. It is not 100 percent. Since you are late and having symptoms I would take a pregnancy test. It is very likely you could still be pregnant or it could be the morning after pill threw your cycle off either way good luck hun!
|

replied June 26th, 2011
the morning after pill is only sucessful if you take it within 72 hours of unprotected sex. The sooner you take it the better. It is not 100 percent. Since you are late and having symptoms I would take a pregnancy test. It is very likely you could still be pregnant or it could be the morning after pill threw your cycle off either way good luck hun!
|

replied June 17th, 2013
could i be?
Okay I'm fixin to turn 42, got on health kick with lemon water i feel great no more sodas yay me Smile anyways had my tubes tide on nov 14,1990 periods have always been irregular but as i got older my period became more dependable on dates....cool no problem....so started taking herbs, olive leaf macca wild yam magnesium eating better an my lemon water I've lost weight but have always stayed btwn 135 & 145.....to the point now weird pains like im going to start start but only spotting very little only in the mornings.....my boyfriend an i are very sexually active....last period april 19 to 27 an no period for may....some abdomnial pain both sides hot flashes sleepy...I'm freaking out lol my son is 23 wtheck.....could i be prego????? Waiting on insurance to kick in before i can see a dr. now mind you not that i stared doing all of this for about 6 months an have had no problems problems with my period until now.....preety weird it seems to me bc i never ever thought about getting pregnat again, i was 19 when i had my tubes tide, could it happen?????
|

replied September 17th, 2013
I am 31 and have had my tubes tied and burnt my period comes the morning of the 15th every month this month it hasn't came yet. My breast are sore, tired more now than normal, peeing a lot, some nausia , and some smells don't smell as good as they use to. Have taken a pregnancy. Test and came up neg could I still be pregnant? I would love to be but don't want to get hopes up
|