Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Membranes Being Stripped

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
ok so on tuesday im getting my membranes stripped and i was woundering if anyone had more info. on it ..like wat does it feel like and what r the effects like what exactly will it do ....will it hurt my baby??!? i just want any info anyones knows about it i mostly want info from someone who has had it done
thankx Question Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It feels crampy. It doesn't hurt the baby ~ why would the doctor do something to hurt the baby?

It can cause contractions and bring on labor if your body is ready. Or it might not do anything.
|

Ingi wrote:
It feels crampy. It doesn't hurt the baby ~ why would the doctor do something to hurt the baby?

It can cause contractions and bring on labor if your body is ready. Or it might not do anything.

well i didnt know if there was anything bad that could happen to my baby im only 16 and dont really know much about the whole membranes being stripped thing i went on google to read about it but it doesnt say very much of anything .... i only have a week and a half left and getting stripped on tuesay kinda made me wounder if im due so soon why soes the docter want to strip them now lol
but okay so if it does make me have contractions would it be that day or days later
|

Especially eHealthy
That depends. Some women don't get any contractions. Some women do. As with everything else in your pregnancy, everyone is a little bit different. Smile

Good luck!!
|

Ingi wrote:
That depends. Some women don't get any contractions. Some women do. As with everything else in your pregnancy, everyone is a little bit different. Smile

Good luck!!

thank you so very much for your help..
i guess im just kinda scared Shocked Confused
|

Especially eHealthy
It is ok to be scared. Smile This is a big deal. You are having a baby!

Make sure to ask your doctor exactly what you should expect. This is their job, s/he'll tell you whatever you want to know. You just have to ask.
|