Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Spinal Cord Flattened At T11-12

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
My CT scan shows T11-12 central disc protrusion measuring 4 mm indenting the thecal sac and impinging upon the spinal cord. The spinal cord is flattened at this level. I have extreme pain at this level when lying down and attempting to turn onto my side. It feels as if something is moving in my right flank and this is accompanied by excruciating sharp pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Hi friend

You need to tell this to your Doctor, this pain is bloody painful, they may need to operate to remove the disc ... and the sooner the better ... I do sympathise with you babe ... It's not at all nice to be in so much pain, and not to be able to get comfortable... I had my lower disc removed, I'm still recovering, however, if the doctors had taken it out sooner, I wouldn't have damaged the nerves surrounding it so much ... this is why I urge you to get your Doctor to do something postive for you ... the sooner the better for you ..

Take care .... and please keep in touch..

Ginger
|
Did you find this post helpful?