Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Smelly Belly Button

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have smelly stuff coming out of my belly-button and I want to know if you know what it could be and what I can do about it.Please let me know soon I need to get fid of it. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tpfilion
|

replied October 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
You should go to your doctor and find out what is causing it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Use a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean out your naval every once in awhile.
|

Yes
I also think that you need to just clean out your belly button it is a hole and like anything else stuff gets stuck in it you can use alcohol i always lay dwon and pour a little bit of baby oil in there let it sit for about a minute then use a qtip to clean it and then alcohol to make it extra clean!!
|

replied July 1st, 2011
I have an obnoxiously deep bellybutton. In fact, it's at least 2 inches deep. As such, it always gets smelly just from sweat and dead skin cells. My belly button is also very narrow and tender. If I try to pour anything caustic in it like rubbing alcohol or even some soaps, it burns unbelievably. I thought I'd never be able to be my belly button to stop smelling until I discovered that stuffing it with baking soda, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then washing it out using a Q tip did just the trick. It was amazing how it didn't smell at all! If you have smelly belly button problems and you don't think it's an infection, I highly recommend trying baking soda!
|
Quick Reply