Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Morning Film Over Eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
For the last few weeks I wake up with blurry vision and when I put my fingertip over my closed eyelid and rub it around gently, the film goes away gradually after a few tries. Any ideas what this could be and how serious it might be? When I use the computer a lot I get puffy eyelids the next morning, so i've been using my pc less lately since I think it partly caused this. I'll go to an eye doctor eventually but can't afford to right now, so I need to know if anyone knows anything about this kind of problem. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Fairy Godmother
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2004
Supporter
Where Are You?
Not sure where you are located or if you are allergic to pollen, but this is the same thing that happens in the south! In our family we are allergic to pine pollen and wake up "blinded by the film" in the spring!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Hi, we live in the midwest. I think it may be heavy pc use. I started putting tissue paper pads soaked with herbal tea on my eyelids, and it clears it up like magic. But your answer is very interesting and informative. Thank you for caring!
|

replied October 17th, 2004
Eye Film
I agree with godmother....Its a pollen thing.I put lubricating eye drops in before bed nightly
|

replied January 17th, 2005
I get this in the morning too, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I do have allergies so it could be that, what the others have said that causes this.
|

replied January 25th, 2005
This happens to me all throught the day and its my allergies.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
Film around the eye or could it be my lens..?
I have what looks like a contact lens all through my eyeball..even the white part..but when I try and pull it off, my eyeball pulls with it..I've had it for a couple of days..But im not sure if its just excess sleep or something else..It bugs more in the morning..People tell me its just that my eyes are dry..but want some better advice..Can anyone help?
|
Tags: afford, vision
Quick Reply