Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Everytime I Cough Or Sneeze I Wet My Pants

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
i'm not sure whats going on with my body but for the longest time now everytime i cough or sneeze even though i dont have the urge to go to the bathroom i will wet my pants and i dont know why... its gotten to be a real pain in the butt.... i must change my clothes 6 times a day always doin laundry Sad if anyone knows or has been through this please let me know how your out come was...
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper seawitch
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You should see your doc! That sound like a problem with weak bladder control muscles. It's common among elderly women, but not younger women. Your doc can offer ideas to help you strengthen those muscles, or even surgery if it's really bad.

Make an appointment asap!
|

replied October 5th, 2007
Sounds like stress incontinence. Do you have any children? Mine started after I gave birth to my second son. Kegel exercises do help, though I am not always good at remembering to do them. You can find out more at urologychannel. Also they have a great forum with doctors right on board answering posts.

Good luck to you!
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Peeing my pants when I have a bad cold
Only when I have a bad cold, and have a dry hacking cough do I pee my pants. I have to wear poise pads, or elses i would be changing my clothes all day. I hate it because I am getting sores on the lip of my V. I do not know what to do. I guess my bladder muscles are weak.
Help!
|

replied February 1st, 2010
if you use nappy cream you wont get sores on you bits sudocreme is wonderful no just for baby x
|

replied February 8th, 2012
urine problems
i'm pregnant and often when i cough and sneeze it makes me pee in my pants and this is very annoying as i have to keep changing and washing myself as it then it can make me feel itchy
|

replied February 26th, 2012
Peeing pants all the time
Every time i cough i pee my pants and it's hard cause i'm always on the go and i have a wet spot on my pants. It's embarrassing and my boufriend thinks it's a joke. What can i do? Help me
|
Tags: cough
Quick Reply