Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Angry All the Time (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have been angry for as long as I can remember. I don't know why. I can get so angry I black out. I am verbally abusive to loved ones. I am controlling and get pissed about anything. I am unhappy and irritable. I am so angry all the time that I don't have motivation to do anything. I can find fault with anything. I see the world through irritated eyes; which means I am annoyed by anything I deam "stupid". I am not like this constantly, but pretty much so. I push everyone away, I know I am doing it but I can't stop. I even find my self getting some gratification from people who have some sort of struggle in their lives. (nothing serious like someone dieing or anything)I hate to see things come easily to people. I am just so bitter. It's ruining my life. I am 30 years old and I can't make it stop and I am so angry at MYSELF! Crying or Very sad
I am a female; I realized I hadn't mentioned that.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Angry1977
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Enability to Cope
I really believe that most if not all of our anger is caused by out enablility to cope with our disorder. Meaning the stress and anxiety in our lives. It's hared to learn to live with this. Coping and managment skills might be needed even if you are on med's. You might try anger managment. But, the most thing I am worried about is your blood pressure. Please keep an eye on that OK?

Thinking about ya!
Carrie
|

replied January 25th, 2012
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Each time I get angry I talk to myself but I see myself getting much angrier and I really do not know what to I am scared one day I will be blank out and that could be a really horrible things I hate the anger but it is so annoying cant explain it but I tell me doctor all the time about how angry I can get to the point its scary I have insomnia where I live on 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep racing brain
|

replied January 25th, 2012
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Each time I get angry I talk to myself but I see myself getting much angrier and I really do not know what to I am scared one day I will be blank out and that could be a really horrible things I hate the anger but it is so annoying cant explain it but I tell me doctor all the time about how angry I can get to the point its scary I have insomnia where I live on 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep racing brain
|

replied March 28th, 2009
Helpp
I just turned 18 and I am realizing I am the same way. I don't like it. No one does. I tried drugs, alcohol anything but I still can't make myself happy. My relationship with my mom is breaking down and I treat the people I love the most like crap and sometimes I don't even realize it. I try to blame it on others, but I just end up more mad at myself for not knowing what to do.

What is wrong with me and how do I get better before it gets too out of control?
|

replied June 7th, 2011
this is what my doctors say i have..
http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.c om/
this is what i think because it is what i have and im the same way as you all described
|
Users who thank jsquad1 for this post: alwaysmad84 

replied April 9th, 2010
anger
i am the same im 19 and i hate everyone especially my mum i cant help it i black out with anger and cry myself to sleep i dont want to die im not depressive i have a good job and a loving family but im so angrey all the time i could heart anyone(idont but i could)i dont know what to do and feel myself getting worse anyone know why?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2010
Wow this just blew my mind... Its like im looking at myself. Im 16 almost 17 and stress and anxiety RULE my life. Im always pissed at the world, It like everyone on this planet is pushing me away, when Im the one pushing the world away.. I feel alone most of the time, and I just want to be happy.. I have an amazing girlfriend that really loves me but I pick apart my mind and think of what COULD happen to us, it''s like I was born to be this way when all I want is to feel normal and enjoy my life with my girl. Does anyone know whats up? It gets better sometimes, then even worse then before...
|

replied May 13th, 2010
Supporter
This question is for all of you, have you been like this your whole life or has it come on at a later age. It's not normal to feel angry all the time. Something is definately causing the symptoms, the real question is what. Their are so many reasons why, heavy metal poisening, hormonal problems, a traumatic experience. One of you mentioned you like to see others suffer, like the old saying goes, misery loves company. I suggest all of you seek professional help. If you are a minor talk openly with your parents, tell them you need help. Only a trained professional has the knowledge to help you find the answer you need to get better. I know all of you want to feel happy. I am very impressed that all of you realize you do have problem, and with that acknowledgement you can change. but we all need help, getting help does not mean you are weak, it means you are mature, smart, strong, and with help you will all have a better future.
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
Im 16, my life has been kinda a mess for a few years so stress isnt new to me but i also always had this hate for people an i dont know why i push my mother away who I love very much but its just to hard to talk to her anymore, and i normaly could controle my anger but latly i have notice ive been slipping an flipping on friends or hitting them beating them I have an amazing girlfriend who I feel isnr using me for something like many of my ex's but unlike my ex's i feel very protective of her i dont yell at her or touch her but the people who look or touch her make me lose it an i got susspended last time, but more to my point is latly like i said my anger is slipping through, ive yelled at my mother for no reall reason a few weeks back for playing around mocking me n i normaly would laugh but instead i yelled n now im scared for many people i care for because i dont do this and anger problems reside on my fathers side of the family and im alot like my dad and he ended up in prison a few years ago for some one yelling at my mom at work he hospitalized him. I cant go to my mom because ive been in n out of our mental institue for court n personal reasons many times. I dont think i could do that to her but i feel like im killing my mother some times is there anything i can do? Please...
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Supporter
When I was in my teens I was always angry, mostly at my parents. The anger was ruining my life, it was eating away at my soul, my heart. I had good reason to hate my parents at the time. I had a mentally ill sister who abused me physically, verbally, and emotionally. I had a much younger sister who was born deaf. I got absolutely no attention. I felt so alone, like I was alone in the world. I buried myself in psychology books, and learned how to forgive. After I had my own children I could totally relate to my parents. Once I learned to deal with my anger and forgive I was so happy again. I learned not to judge others. The older I got the less opininated I became because I gained so much wisdom through life. Please seek help.
|
Users who thank Cindyrelli57 for this post: Destie 

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2010
Anger Management
At some point, everyone will face the situation of losing their grips due to immense anger. There are too many factors that causes this. Most of us can control the anger, some won't. That's why we have the anger management programs to help out people with this kind of disorder. It's not just a state of mind but a condition wherein factors triggers the burst of anger. It can be triggered by depression, family history and the environment surrounding the person.
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Supporter
My heart goes out to all of you. sometime in your life you may have been traumatized and just put it out of your mind, deep inside you soul. I want to give all of you a big hug for acknowledged you are not making good choices. Please ask your parents, a school counselor, or the school psycohlogist. Talk to anyone you feel secure with. Keep a journal, write down everthing, anything you feel. Take this to your appt. with a professional. Have them read it. It will give the doctor to understand how you are feeling and dealing with daily problems. Anger will eat you alive, cause more anger. whatever my have happened in your past needs to be addressed.
|

replied July 24th, 2010
idk
I'm the same way, its indescribable. i can only hold onto reality of being sincerely nice for the first hour. of the day. I have a mecular blindspot that causes a lot of stress also a deviated septum that gives me just the right constant ache to change my mood around from jeckle to hyde. deep breaths ..........mike
|

replied July 25th, 2010
Re: Angry All the Time
Sit for a while and take a pen and paper. Write down what is that makes you upset. Write down all the reasons for your angry mood. Then work on that area to find relief from anger.

Angry1977 wrote:
I have been angry for as long as I can remember. I don't know why. I can get so angry I black out. I am verbally abusive to loved ones. I am controlling and get pissed about anything. I am unhappy and irritable. I am so angry all the time that I don't have motivation to do anything. I can find fault with anything. I see the world through irritated eyes; which means I am annoyed by anything I deam "stupid". I am not like this constantly, but pretty much so. I push everyone away, I know I am doing it but I can't stop. I even find my self getting some gratification from people who have some sort of struggle in their lives. (nothing serious like someone dieing or anything)I hate to see things come easily to people. I am just so bitter. It's ruining my life. I am 30 years old and I can't make it stop and I am so angry at MYSELF! Crying or Very sad
I am a female; I realized I hadn't mentioned that.
|

replied July 30th, 2010
Angry All The Time
Right where do i start.
I'm a 30 year old male and i have felt so angry all the time for as long as i can remember-As far back as 6/7yrs old when i used to smash up my toy cars with a hammer and punch the tv screen+wall.
I used to push my mum away and row with her over nothing and small silly things all the time, I don't know why I am the way I am And I can get so angry I it feels like to me that i've been taken over by a Massive red mist and it controls me, Most of the times I don't even realize untill it's way to late.
All i want to be Is aloving partner, DAD and Not be this way anymore, I am so irritable and unhappy, And most of the time I see the world through my red mist, I'm so angry all the time that getting motivation to do anything is the hardist thing of all. I can find fault with anything so easy, no matter what it is.
The way to describe it is I feel like I'm a volcano ready to blow and my blood is boiling in my vains with steam coming out of my ears, in the past i've turned to drink and drugs to try and stop feeling like this(Just to get out of it for a while), My mum used to take the brunt of it all and I love my partner to bits and now she takes it all, I feel like i'm pushing the world and everyone away, My teen years were so bad and now there back wice as bad.
I'm scared i'll hospitalize someone i feel that angry at times and i don't want that at all

Please if theres help out there-Bring it to me

Mr9
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
Hi,

Maybe you could try electro-acupressure. This treatment is easy to use at office etc and efficient.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
how to deal with anger
take a sheet of paper. draw three columns. label them "i am angry...", "i am scared...", and "i can change...".

In the first column, write about who or what made you angry. Write as much as you want, as fast as you can. Don't stop to think, just let your emotions rise up and beat down on the paper. Write as angrily as you want. Curse. It doesn't even have to be legible or make sense. "I am angry at my brother because he treats me badly and disses me and he is arrogant and he is a bully and I hate him he's an idiot and i wish he would fall off a cliff."

after you've spewed out all that anger on paper, go on to the next column. Write about what you are frightened of. Once again, don't stop to think, don't edit yourself, just let the fear underlying your anger come out, no matter how irrational it may seem. "I am scared that my brother doesn't love me, that he thinks i am an idiot and he's right, that my parents love him best, that i look like a wimp when he bosses me around in front of my friends, that no one respects me, that i am a loser."

now go on to the third column. Take a deep breath. Feels better having let out all that stuff, huh? Think about how your fear fueled the anger. It's really what you fear that makes you feel out-of-control. Look at what you wrote in the 2nd column. take the statements fear by fear, and write down what you know deep down inside, below the anger and the fear, what you know is reality, what is important in the situation, and how you can change and resolve it. "I can change how I see him. I know deep down my brother loves me. that's why he's so bossy, he's trying to take care of me and teach me the way to do things. I don't want to be bossed around, but i can understand where he's coming from, and talk to him and tell him that in a calm, sensible way. I know i am not an idiot or a loser. People love me and I am a good person who is usually happy and compassionate. I am great at school, at work, and i am intelligent and kind. I know that my brother can be bossy in front of my friends, so i will talk to him and ask him to not do that, and explain that it makes me feel hurt when he does that. If I am coming from a loving place I know he will listen and hear me. Despite this, i love my brother and admire him and that is why it hurts when i feel he doesn't admire or respect me back. Bottom line is that I am glad i have a brother, i really don't want him to fall off a cliff. i just would like to be recognized as more of an equal and be given the freedom to make my own mistakes. I can talk to him and tell him that."

Feeling better? Yep, works every time. Now go forward with your plan to talk with the person, or if that is not possible, to deal with the situation when it comes up again. "My brother is not able to control his bossiness, so when he gets that way i will just leave and not be around him. I will instead find things to do or people to be around that make me feel good about myself. Maybe learn how to play guitar. Learning something new would make me feel good. He will not change, so I will work on changing my self. I will work on not getting upset so much."

And do it. Write again if you need to. Some situations you will need to write about again and again. Just start from the anger column, and let it rip. Each time you will feel better, and uncover ways of dealing with the situation.

Peace out
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
I'm 16 years old, I am a female. My anger and anxiety control my life. I can't pay attention in school, or hold a full conversation without getting angry.I push away every friend I make and I haven't kept a best friend for over a month, ever. I've had a few relationships and I truly cared about my ex, but I pushed him away. I'm passive and sarcastic about everything. I smoke cigarettes to calm my nerves and do drugs to forget the anger. I know drugs aren't an escape and will only make things worse, but for th time being, it's the only thing that helps. I have no talent, I have no hobbies. This anger feels like it controls me. I don't care to know why this is happening, I just want to know how to stop it and feel normal... Every day feels like I'm struggling to get through and nobody can relate.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2011
virginity
i did sex first time but there was no blood i was virgin but how is this possible am very shocked nd my relationship is also breaking just bcz of this plxx tell me whats wrong with me??? Sad
|

replied March 11th, 2011
i've been out of an abusive relationship less than a year and I still have feelings for the guy,miss him and sometimes wonder why I haven't heard from him yet. Sometimes I am happy, and I can start healing. i was getting tired of it but he broke up with me first. i get anxiety whenever think of going to my hometown now.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
WHATS WRONG WITH ME
I AM A 25 YEARS OLD FEMALE WITH A VERY AGGRESSIVE SIDE I AM ALWAYS ANGRY AND DON'T KNOW WHY. I WAKE WAKE UP ANGRY FOR NO APPARENT REASON. I SCREAM AND HIT THE PEOPLE THAT I LOVE. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL PARTNER THAT TRIES HER BEST TO KEEP ME HAPPY BUT I FEEL ITS TAKING A TOLL ON HER.I ALWAYS HAVE THESE CRAZY THOUGHTS AND THE MOST VIOLENT DREAMS. SOMETIMES I FEEL I AM GOING CRAZY . BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO. I WORK SO I DON'T KEEP MY MIND ON THE ANGER I HAVE.IVE TRYED THINK OF EVERYTHING I BEEN THROUGH AND STILL ANT PINPOINT WHATS GETTING ME SO ANGRY. SOMETIMES IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE IAM TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. A GOOD SIDE AND A DARK SIDE . AND LATELY THAT DARK SIDE STAYS OUT AND I CANT CONTROL IT AT ALL. I SHAKE AND HIT WALLS WHEN I CANT GET MY POINT ACROSS. WHATS WRONG WITH ME. IS THIS NORMAL.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
ANGERY
Iam 25 and have the same proplem i wake up Angery and go to bed Angery ...I have come to hate myself and my life because iam so mad and angery all the time the smallest thing sets me off i punch yell and scream witch isnt very good i have broken both hands and fingers from hitting thing ....I dont know what to do if you find someting that helps please share...
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Hi there, how are you?
I'm not a doctor.
Many of us humans tend to be unhappy and angry, due to the fact that we want so much out of life, whether is material things or other factors.
If we are capable of living a simple life, without the greed for plenty of money,
material things etc... and accept and appreciate whatever our life is offering us, we will be less angry and more happy.
When you wake up tomorrow, be thankful for the sun, the wind, the rain, the rainbow, the birds and the bees etc... lol. sunbathe
I read it somewhere that, unhappiness is the leading cause of Anxiety and Anxiety is the leading cause of being angry and leading to Panic Attacks and many other illness. surgery
We all have a good good and a Evil or Very Mad bad side, and it's up to us to make sure the good side reigns on. angel queen King
Keep in mind, there are billions of people on this planet,(and probably on other planets too) in worse condition than you. stretcher
Be content, I Guaratee you, you will be less angry. Try getting involved in helping those less fortunate than you and you will feel "ALIVE". cartwheel workout
P.S. Avoid cola's and cut down on coffee caffeine and sugar, they cause hyperness. Mad
Try all of the above, you have nothing to lose, but lots to gain. applause
TC. T. rainbow
|
Quick Reply