Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Attn: Pl Women: Half a Million Embryos Need to Be Adopted (Page 1)

Why aren't pro-life women lining up to adopt the half million frozen embryos from ivf clinics?

Here's your chance to save the life of an unborn child!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Attn: Pl Women: Half a Million Embryos Need to Be Adopt
futureshock wrote:
Why aren't pro-life women lining up to adopt the half million frozen embryos from ivf clinics?

Why don't all the pro-life women adopt more of the children in foster care?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Great question! Oh wait, I know, because those are BORN children. They don't count.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
So far only PC have even responded..of course being PC my Choice is not to adopt a frozen yolk..
|

Especially eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
Great question! Oh wait, I know, because those are BORN children. They don't count.

Well they should. They are still children in need. Too bad they don't count.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Even President Bush doesn't care about born children. He just vetoed an insurance bill for poor children.
|

Especially eHealthy
I think pro-life people should be allowed to have children at all. They should be forced to adopt.

Nah, I don't really feel that way. That would be removing someone's reproductive rights and I couldn't do that. Pro-life wants to do it, though.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think people are obligated to adopt animals if they are animal rights advocates. I don't think you should be gay in order to be a equal rights advocate. I don't think you have to be mentally ill to be an advocate for MI causes. I don't think you're obligated to adopt a child if you are prolife.
|

Especially eHealthy
Exactly. And you don't have to abort to be pro-choice.

You DO however seem to have to stick your nose in everyone's uterus' if you're pro-life. If they just left women alone I'd call them fantastic but they don't.
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I have a better idea-

Use them all for stem cell research!! Smile
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That would be the compassionate thing to do, for the millions of babies, children, and adults who are suffering from unspeakably horrid diseases. Which is why pl'ers are against it. They want born people to suffer.
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Attn: Pl Women: Half a Million Embryos Need to Be Adopt
futureshock wrote:

Bring em on....I know many....including myself that would take them all. Smile

A group down here where I am from is working on doing just that....getting some of these embryos adopted....and thanks for bringing this to light. Wink
|

replied October 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You're welcome.
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
It isn,t as easy to adopt/foster and embryo as it is a child before you do that embryo any good there are a lot of medical checks to get through as for pl not caring about born children i myself and a few pl i personaly know do infact foster.
How many pc on here actually foster it is a humanity thing not a pro life thing.
|

Especially eHealthy
Some people simply don't want children, Diamond.
|

User Profile
And fair play to them but as i say fostering/adoption is a humanity thing not a pl thing yet it is only pl that are ever pulled up on it why is that? just because we don,t beleive in premature death we get accused of not caring about the born when are pc going to realise that pl are about much more than abortion?
|

I still don't see why the born children aren't getting adopted first. I mean would that not be the more sensible thing to do? I also think the agencies shouldn't be so reluctant to put kids with certain people (as in no more of this "You're too fat to adopt! Don't let the door hit your fat a** on the way out!" crap).

To hell with freakin' embryos. That's like saying people should all go out and buy up gorcery store eggs and sit on them to save those embryos and make more chickens so we can all have more protein. But I am surprised as well that the anti-choicers aren't rushing to adopt embryos. After all, the embryos are the only lives they actually care about. Or do they not want to 'adopt' embryos because those embryos will become their problems after nine months, as opposed to being some other 'stupid prostitute's' problem?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Cambion,

do you believe pro-lifers when they say they value the fertilized egg and the embryo as much as they value born children?

I don't. I think they value the late term fetus as much as a newborn, but they can't admit that a late term fetus is a far cry from an egg that was just fertilized.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
Cambion,

do you believe pro-lifers when they say they value the fertilized egg and the embryo as much as they value born children?

I don't. I think they value the late term fetus as much as a newborn, but they can't admit that a late term fetus is a far cry from an egg that was just fertilized.

futureshock imo the value as a newborn begins at succesful implatation. If the fertilized egg doesn't get succesfully implanted you are not pregnant. You only are pregnant after implantation succeced and it begins to grow. Stretching it even more I would tell you that my definite limit is at the first beat of the heart. Once you have a heart beating well it's like my heart beating, who am I to stop it..
|

Especially eHealthy
I don't mind the beating-heart time gauge, or the "quickening" gauge.
|