Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Just a Word of Warning

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
don't ever try to laminate an ultrasound picture. I thought it would be an awesome way to preserve it and keep it nice, but what wound up happening is the black ink on the picture bled and turned the whole thing black. So now it's ruined. The doctor had 3 copies though, so I'm going to see if I can have one of the ones he has in my file at my next appointment, which is next Friday.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh no! we always had posters up on our waiting room saying not to laminate Sad

i'm think you can scan them into your computer though
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
awe! I didn' t see one of those anywhere. I guess it doesn't really matter, it was at 6 weeks just to see the heartbeat and you could barely see anythign anyways. I just wanted to put it in one of those "first picture" frames. Thought it would be cute. I'm still going to try to get the extra copy he made though.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i hope you get it. i don't have nay of my scan photos anymore. i have no idea what happened to them
|

User Profile
yea, i've seen ultrasounds on this website, so I think you can scan them. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to put one on this website. I haven't had time to sit and figure it out yet.
|

Especially eHealthy
you can scan them. i just take pictures of mine though (to post here) and they look fine.

i'm thinking if you wanted to "laminate" them, you could just cover them with that clear contact paper. i'd be afraid of messing it up somehow though.

all my ultrasound pics are in the firebox. finn's are scary but i still treasure them.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
robbie just informed me that the reason you can't laminate ultrasounds is that they are printed on thermal paper and the heat of the laminater activates all the ink
|

User Profile
yep, that's exactly right
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
why are finns scary, b?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah you can scan them. ive still got my scan pictures on the pc
|

Extremely eHealthy
Or you could scan them or take a picture of them and then print it on normal paper and then laminate it. That way you are not laminating the thermal paper.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
they have laminate stickies too, that you can buy not sure if its where you are though, but its not like heated laminate. my mom laminated my social security card with that, even though it says on them do no laminate but i have a new one since getting married anyways so oh well lol. they might even sell like a big sheet where u can cut to size maybe even. The ones we had were small ones like to cover things like business cards and stuff.
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
why are finns scary, b?

i didn't have any ultrasounds with him until 18 weeks. all i wanted were those adorable baby profile pics everyone is always showing off, a typical u/s shot. what i got were 2 frontal pics of him and he looked like an alien in one and the spawn of satan in another. they're locked away right now and i can't get to them or else i'd show you.

that was supposed to be my only u/s so i was sad, but then i had 2 more and got pics at one and i got my profile pic!
|