Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Is Thick Sticky Sperm Related to Fertility ?

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Ok im a female trying to see why my boyfriend sperm is so thick an sticky. i never in my life seened a man sperm so thick in sticky does that mean he is very fertile? when it dries it peels off like some type of silly pully. I dont know Question . someone please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper someguyudontknow
|

replied October 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Some men have thicker semen, I don't think it's a problem. And I doubt it has anything to do with fertility.
|

replied October 7th, 2007
I always wondered the same thing, but I find that it can vary from time to time, so sometimes you feel good about it, sometimes you feel bad, swings and roundabouts, probably not related to fertility but maybe he just creates sperm faster than most.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
male fertility queries
my husband gets thin sperm is it normal?
|

replied May 1st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
It's normal for your husband.
|

replied October 25th, 2010
same situation!
my husband has the same situation, i read that it may be because he is dehydrated. so i told him to drink more water and gatorade to help this, and actually his sperm has thinned out a bit. he drank a lot of those V8 drinks and it helped. i think a lot of it has to do with smoking because smoking really dehydrates your body. have him try this!
|

replied December 24th, 2010
My boyfriend is the same. At times his is so thick that it can be peeled off like the glue that comes on the back of credit cards. Although, I have noticed the more often we have sex the thinner it is. This is a problem that has been bothering me. So the more I read I feel like it actually may be normal.
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
healthy sperm
i am a 23 year old male my sperm is white thick and sticky
just wondering is this normal?
|

replied August 24th, 2011
white, Thick semen???
I am wondering if my man's semen is healthy too, it is very white and thick, we have been trying for a baby for a while and I am worried about his sperm count Sad
|

replied November 15th, 2012
Wite and thick is healthy your sperm is what gives semen that color if it's a solid white he has a lot of sperm you may want to see the doctor for yourself.
|

replied September 14th, 2011
:(
I agree with leah316 im worried that it will be a problem for tryin to have a baby we have been tryin since last year even tried fertility calendars thinkin it could be me but his is thick and white is that a problem?
|

replied March 8th, 2012
thick cum... doesn't mean infertility
fyi u guys, i have super thick semen sometimes... my gf went off bc and we used the pull out method and somehow i still put a bun in the oven.
|
Users who thank someguyudontknow for this post: scrott23 

replied November 15th, 2012
You didn't pull out soon enough and always use a condom.
|

replied September 16th, 2012
yellowish sticky sperm with low motility
hi everybody..i have sticky yellowish sperm and also having problem to have a second child becuase the sperm motility is low.can anybody advise please
|

replied October 6th, 2012
Thick sperm
It is purely related to making your woman preganant. Thick sperm is good as its viscosity is more and it does not waste by comming out , that thickness helps to keep sperm in place helps sperms to reach to the egg in the womb. So thick sperms has more chances to make woman pregnant.

Thanks
Dr. Khan
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
kamzoor sehat
hi kamzoor admi kis tarah moota ho sakta hai
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
kamzoor sehat
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
kamzoor sehat
|

replied May 15th, 2013
From a person with thick sperm...
The longer a person goes without ejaculating, the thicker the sperm becomes. I train as a boxer and we abstain from ejaculating for weeks or months at a time. I always noticed that if I ejaculated after about the 4th or 5th week, my sperm became extremely thick and sticky. Also, we try to cut weight by cutting back on food and water, so dehydration is also a factor that thickens it by reducing the semen in our body.

Overall, I would say thick sperm is caused either by high sperm count and/or low semen. It's pretty normal and healthy, but if you want it thinned out you'd have to drink plenty of water and ejaculate more frequently.
|

replied April 1st, 2014
SPERM COUNT o_O?
hi im CrztiAn.. PHP
i ejaculate more frequently ... AND STILL. . . my SEMEN is as thick as SPIDY's WEB ^_^ . . . is that affecting the sperm count? is it the THICKER it gets the more SPERM produced ? plss help.. thnX en GOD BLESS oL/eisz
|

replied April 1st, 2014
hi im CrztiAn.. PHP
i ejaculate more frequently ... AND STILL. . . my SEMEN is as thick as SPIDY's WEB ^_^ . . . is that affecting the sperm count? is it the THICKER it gets the more SPERM produced ? plss help.. thnX en GOD BLESS oL\/eisz
|
Quick Reply