Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Smelly Brown Vaginal Discharge (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
ive been getting a lot of discharge lately. at first it started off just white with a fishy smell and now it is brown and the smell is getting worse. i have only been with one guy and i shower regularly i dont know what this is. my doctor said that he everything seemed normal and that he didnt even see any discharge. please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Shhhhhhhhhh
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
kmj23 wrote:
ive been getting a lot of discharge lately and it smells really bad. at first it was just white but today it turned brown. im really worried and the smell got worse too. i went to the gyno and he told me that everything looked normal and that he didnt even see discharge. ive only been with one guy and i shower regularly i dont know what is wrong. please help me!

When did this start, and when was the gyno's appointment?

Brown discharge usually signals an on-coming period. How old are you?
|

replied June 10th, 2011
i have the same problem as well. some times i get cramps & funny pains under my belly button. I have always been careful so i wonder if its an STI.??
|

replied April 29th, 2012
i have the same problem about 1yrs now and it still hurt and the discharge is disturbing me my doctor said its fine but i dont think so i even try to get pregnant again and its not working i really need help
|

replied June 30th, 2012
Im 10 finna turn 11 in 4 days
|

replied October 1st, 2007
it started about a week after my last period but the brown discharge just started today. i should be starting my period in about a week. i went to the gyno last week and he said i didnt even have any discharge but i kno i do obviously. im 18
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, if it smells like fish then it sounds like a yeast infection. Did your gyno check slides for that?
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
he said everything seemed fine i think im gonna go back in and have him check again.
|

replied October 15th, 2007
Smelly Discharge Sometimes Brown...
You know, I am 24 and have not had a period in 5 months this is normal and not normal for me, I have been on BC Pills on and off in my life due to irregular periods. I have not had a period since April of this year.. and I am not sure what the hell is going on with me. But lately. I have been getting this smelly discharge. It causes my laundry to smell like vomit! I am not sure what it is.. and I am going to the doctors on the latter part of this month! But I hope that everything will be okay! Can anyone tell me if they have gone through some of the same things? Please let me know!
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
smelly brown discharge
am 25 and going through the same thing i last seen ma mp end of apirl and now am having the smelly discharge. i seen like spotting two days ago but it went away and the smell increased and dont knw if it because i have irregular periods since i was 15yrs.
|

replied October 16th, 2007
After my first time of having sex a week ago, a few days later I began to have this brown discharge, there's also a little blood mixed in at times for about a week now. Is that a problem? It doesn't smell really, and I bath everyday, twice a day actually.
|

Especially eHealthy
Charmed20 wrote:
After my first time of having sex a week ago, a few days later I began to have this brown discharge, there's also a little blood mixed in at times for about a week now. Is that a problem? It doesn't smell really, and I bath everyday, twice a day actually.

It sounds like the beginning of a period, depending on how long you've been spotting.
|

almost a week, my period is due to come on this week.
|

Especially eHealthy
Then that sounds pretty normal.
|

replied October 17th, 2007
Smelly Brown Vaginal Discharge
It's a good idea to have your doctor run labs, including tests for bacteria vaginitis and trich, just to be on the safe side.
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2007
Supporter
Re: Smelly Brown Vaginal Discharge
bgirl wrote:
It's a good idea to have your doctor run labs, including tests for bacteria vaginitis and trich, just to be on the safe side.

I agree because it happened to me. I had a fishy discharge and it was bacteria vaginitis. Have one done just to be on the safe side.
|

replied October 20th, 2007
Smelly Brown Vaginal Discharge!!!
Hey! You Know, I would agree it could be Barteria Vaginitis, I can't believe that, that would cause such an uproar in the vigina.. lol Oh well I mean, that is crazy.. But isn't there a cream medication? I don't like to orally take pills. I am gonna talk to my OBGYN about it though to get tested.
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Brown discharge
I recently was diagnosed with BV and after finishing my medication I began having brown dicharge. I was also taking the pill while I was using the BV medication and because I forgot to take my pill for a few days my body thought I started my period. I had a full period a few days before I would've ended my pill cylce to start my normal period, so I decided to skip my "other" period and continue with my pills. Is the brown discharge because I should've had another period?
|

replied March 6th, 2009
i used to have brown discharge all the time, however i started eating alot of yogurt with active bacteria cultures and took the pill and it cleared right up. its totally normal to get a little brown discharge a few days or even four days before your period. but as far as the smell if your doctor cant help you go to the heatlth food store and ask someone there youd be surprised how much info they know and can help you alot and ps EAT YOGURT
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Brown Discharge?
Hey, I've recently been producing smelly-ish brown discharge i've also recently come off my period which i was on only for a few days. It has a smell of diarrhea only slightly which i know may sound grose but its only slightly, i have read up on it and i heard it could be a sign on pregnancy not sure if thats true? Im really hoping it's nothing more than just the end of my period. Please give me advice if you have any?
|

replied December 11th, 2013
YES! Can u help me.... I have no idea what's going on with my body and I've been looking for these symptoms. What is it and what do I do????
|

replied August 13th, 2009
help.
whatttt

my period ended about a week go and ever since it ended ive been getting a light brown colored discharge. im constantly going to the bathroom to wipe it off then a little while later after i stand up oflr move around i feel like i have a gallon coming out. its smelly alittle amdvim scared to have sex because ill get embarrased. please helpp asap
|

replied August 13th, 2009
bytheway, im sixteen
|

replied October 7th, 2009
brown smelly vaginal discharge
ive been getting brown smelly vaginal discharge lately, its been a week after my last period and this happens.. i felt embarrass, how can i get this off? what this mean? is this one factor of infertility and miscarriage?
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
i usually get a brown discharge just before or just after a period its just telling you that your period is coming or going...jenny
|
12 >>