Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Is it Normal to be Itching Inside the Vagina ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
what does it mean when your itching n the inside of your vagina is dat normal i know i don't have a std becuz i got checked out>>plz help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
No, that's not normal. If it's not an std it could still be some other kind of an infection, like bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection.

I'd go to the doctor.

Some light, occasional itching in the vulva is normal, but not in the vagina and not enough that it gets really annoying.
|
Users who thank Georgia59 for this post: mjdores 

User Profile
it don't happen all the time just like once n every blue moon n it's like right where my hole is sometimes it could b irratating
|

User Profile
but it stops like when i get n the tub (not dat i don't bath daily) i bath like 2 times a day
|

Especially eHealthy
It could just be hair! Try shaving.
|

User Profile
hair inside
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
The hair can poke inside, but it doesn't grow there.
|

I have a same problem this week....it's the hair that poke inside. Don't worry, it's normal.
Or maybe it could be a yeast infection...go to the pharmacy store and buy a cream for vaginal that prevents the itching...I tried this before, it helped.
|

User Profile
o right then thanks
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Is in in the vagina (like inside your body) or in the vulva? (The outer area, underneath the lips but not where hair grows)

In the vulva could be normal, I guess. But if it actually itches in your vagina, that's a problem, and you need to see a doctor. It's probably not a yeast infection if you aren't getting any other discharge or irritation. Does it hurt to have sex or put your fingers up there?
|

User Profile
nope it's on my vulva thanks for your help!!
|

replied October 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
you should go to a pharmacy and get some cream to put on it.
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yeah- look for something labeled "feminine itch," don't just get normal anti-itch cream that could be too harsh.

But like I said, if it's really irritating, or you're getting smelly or discolored discharge or anything, you need to see a doc.
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Same problem.
Same thing with me i bairly lost my virginity & i didnt shower till the next day & its passed a week & its itchy & red help me please.
|
Quick Reply