Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

3 year old w/ foul smelling urine odor

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
my daughter had a urinary tract infection when she was about 1-2 years old she's 3 now but she has always had a very foul smelling urine odor she drinks tons of water so what else can it be Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Experienced User
it could be that your daughter has had this mild grade urinary tract infection for the whole time..since it started.
UTI's can sometimes continue after all the symptoms have ended...there is just enough of the ecoli to create the foul smell, but not enough to give her the other symptoms.
I would get another urine specimen....you may have to put her on a course of antibiotics for awhile to fully get rid of it.

I had a friend who kept getting UTI's all the time, so much that it was like she had it more than she didn't.
Also, you can check into her diet too.

Hope it helps.
Susie.
|

replied October 18th, 2009
My daughter is 10 year old and the doctors just found 100mg of protein in her urine. Is this something to be concerned about? She has to go back in 10 days to get retested!
|
Quick Reply