Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Throbbing Back Pain In Lower Right Side

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Hi, I am a 25 year old female. I have been having back pains for a few days now, but last night I had awful pain on the lower right side of my back, basically in between the area where my ribs end and my pelvis begins. My boyfreind gave me a back rub, and that didn't help at all. I have had no appetite and I feel like I could vomit. Its much worse when I lay down. I had some muscle relaxers from when I pulled something a while back, and I took 1 and it did nothing, took an 800mg ibprofin and it did nothing. Its definately not appendix, thats been removed. Also, if its relievent, I have very irregular periods, its nothing I have ever talked to a doctor about, but I havent had a period in 6 months, and I am definately not preg. Heres the rub, I have no health coverage, so the options I have is...either go to the ER or decide that its something that isn't bad enough to warrant that, and it will go away on its own. If anyone has any idea of what this could be, or if you could advise me on how serious it is, that would be great. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper girlwithpain60
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Go to a doctor, or the er, and try to get x rays or an mri, an mri would be better, this could be just about anything, it could go away or it could be serious.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Lower Back Pain
hi there ABlue,have you noticed any pain in your leg ? numbness in your foot ?im thinking could this be sciatica,iv had this and its painfull, i had a course of physio for mine and painkillers,its just a thought >
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2009
Sudden Increase in Back Pain and shootig pains down right side
Could be also a componeant of ComplexRainPegionalSyndrome (CRPS) or even Arachnoiditis or even worse Adhesive arachnoiditis! I am in stage three of the latter and also have CRPS as well when these fire off they are horrible, sudden changes in symptoms is what you want to be on the lookout for, numbness anywhere loss of bowel/bladder. In ablility to start a stream or to make a bowel movement. Sudden headaches, extremely horrible increases in pain. At this point it is time to put ego and patience(lack of) aside and go to the ER Emergency Room, you may make the difference between walking and NOT! urinating into a bag, and even worse. Take care of the body you have you have but one. Unless you are planning on offing yourslef you will need this body for God Only KNOWS how long! I hope this has benn a help to you, anyone reading.
Best regards and God Bless
Sgt Matthew H Tartgalia
|

replied October 12th, 2010
Lower back-side throbbing pain.
I have a throbbing pain in my lower right side every now and then, it really pains me. It's above the butt right in that soft part between the back and the side. I had it a few times at work, and sometimes, I'm just lying in bed and it starts throbbing without any warning.
|

replied May 19th, 2011
LOWER RIGHT BACK PAIN
I had an accident last december where i fell on my right side and twisted my right ankle but the pain i get is the lower right back just above the hipbone and if it's pressed it hurts even more. It stays for a few seconds or minutes and there is no pattern to this. Sometimes it's REALLY bad and at other times, though it comes frequently, it doesn't hurt much. At first i thought it might be becaue i slept funny but i haven't stretched any muscles (dr told me that) and now im getting a little worried as the pain is there at this very minute. Any suggestions please?
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Hi I get very bad backache near my spine it feel like it's a frobbing when it comes it gets that bad I feel like I'm gunna be sick and my belly feels like it's burning near my belly button but when I get hot baths I feel like I'm me again till it's starts again please help me I feel like I'm going mad I also get bad mood swing 2 thanks xx
|