Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Bug Bites That Won't Heal

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I have bites on my right arm and both legs and can't figure out what they are and they are not healing the most recent ones are red the older ones are a pale brown and they don't itch they are also grouped together close but spread out on my legs but really close together on my right arm but none on my left arm and some of the old ones have been there for maybe 8 months I have cleaned my bed and they are still appearing I two cats they go outside during the day and one sleeps with me at night if anyone could has any ideas this is really starting to weird me out
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2008
cats
I have just been through this...Make sure that the sheets are free of cat litter. and other things the cat might bring in.
Take some Lysol the old red type and scratch your bites open then take the Lysol and a cotton ball and put it all around the infection and about 1 or 2 inches in diameter on the uninfected skin. ...it Will Burn but leave it on until the burning goes away...Then wash thoroughly with soap and water then apply a skin cream..Don't bandage...The scratching or itch should be done with....it might take 7 to 10 days to then clear up.
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Kenalog Cream
Get a Kenalog cream Rx from your doc. I get it because I have eczema, and one day I was going crazy with a bugbite and used the cream on that... and I have used it ever since for annoying bites. Applying once per day until the bite heals has worked for me! Hardly any itch, and the bite bumps flatten out faster. So, Kenalog! Smile
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Just realized how old this post was.. never mind! Hope you got that all cleared up! lol
|