Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Strange Bubbling/strring Feeling In Chest. Worried!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am a 21 year old White male, with sclerosing mediastinitis (the result of an unidentified mass in media-stynum of chest, perhaps caused histoplasmosis) and no other major health issues. Perhaps this has something to do with a strange symptom i have been having.

About 4 inches down from neck, and one inch to left off my sternum (near the top left area of my sternum?) I can feel a sort of bubbling or stirring within my chest, maybe 1.5 to 2 inches in. It feels like something sort of moving around , but there is no pain. it appears to occur randomly. I took my pulse while it occured earlier, and it remained constant and normal.

It is a very uncomfortable feeling that I have never had before. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper xacksymnz
|

replied September 29th, 2007
im no doctor, but it sounds like gas/heartburn but if its really bothering you get it checked out
|

replied February 20th, 2010
Same feeling i have right now but im younger
|

replied May 20th, 2010
hmmm
with me, it feels like my lung is boiling.. not from heat and not from mucous or buildup in my lungs.. its just a strange bubbly feeling..

i was concerned at first because i thought it might be pneumonia, however the rattling feeling happens even when i hold my breath and i can actually FEEL the spasm or whatever it is in my chest. my location is the same as yours except on my right side

touch your adams apple with the index finger of your left hand and where your pinky finger lies on your chest but about two inches to the right is where i feel it... i have had palpitations on and off my whole life as i have cardiac arrythmia, but my heart is NOT ON MY RIGHT SIDE!!! what the deuce???

any info or someone with similar symptoms/answers please let me know.Thanks
|

replied June 19th, 2010
I'm almost 17 I'm 5'10'' 200lbs and I have this same feeling. This feeling went away for 2 weeks then I played in a slow pitch tournament and the pain came back, I checked my blood pressure it was 120 / 67 / 63. This is often worsened with anxiety attacks and it feels like I'm having a heart attack. The doctors said my heart is in great condition so the doctors said so its probably attributed to some muscoskeletal disorder or costochondritis or nerve ending damage in my chest. Since I haven't died from this yet I mostly rule it out take an aspirin and ease my mind.
|