Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

Odd Contractions - how to regulate and intensify ?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My contractions are so not even close to being regular but they have been hapening for 3 hours now. What can help regulate and intensify my contractions that is safe?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
how far along are you?
|

35 weeks.
|

Especially eHealthy
You are not ready to have that baby and if you went to the hospital with contractions they would stop them. Your baby's lungs are not developed yet.
|

Even if I had the sterroid shot at 32 weeks?
|

Especially eHealthy
A steriod shot is not going to guarantee your baby's lungs are developed. If it did, the doctors would have let your baby be born then. The reason pregnancy lasts for 40 weeks is because it takes 40 weeks for a baby to mature enough to live outside of the womb.

I understand you are hurting. I understand the last month of pregnancy is the worst ever. But it is something everyone goes through and you'll have to as well so you can have a healthy baby - and isn't that more important?
|

yes but then like on my other post why would mydoctor have scrapped my membrane????
|

replied April 29th, 2010
stripping memranes at 35 weeks
I can tell you that if your doctor stripped your membranes at 35 weeks to help you induce labor the he is a fool because as said above the baby is NOT ready to be born yet this is the most important part of the babies developement. Secondly by law unless medically nessecary doctors cant even INDUCE labor until 39 weeks and strip membranes before 38 weeks.
|
Quick Reply