Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

False Positive Ana Test

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I recently had blood tests and was notified that I had a +ANA test and was referred to a rheumatologist. My appt is not untile December and I was wondering if having genital herpes could have caused my +ANA?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2011
Positive ANA / herpes
tilly09. This is over 3 years later. I found your question and I have the same question. Have been very sick and the only thing that was found was positive ANA. I also was diagnosed with herpes 7 years ago What did you find out about positive ANA vs. Herpes. And I pray that you are well and everything is better.
If anyone else can shed a light on this question, please reply.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2012
I just happened upon your question. I would go get a Lyme Disease test. Depending on how long you have been sick depends on which test you need. If you have been sick for a long time, then you won't show up positive at your General Practictioner and need a more expensive test call the IGENEX Lyme test. You can only get that from a LYME Literate Doctor. Most GP's, Rhuemotologists, and other doctors still don't believe in Lyme disease. I have been sick for years, had a positive ANA, they said I had Lupus, Herpes, AIDS (before they gave me a blood test), and after 10 years of searching, I found out I have Lyme Disease. Let me know what your symptoms are.

Carrie
|