Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Short Lucid Dreaming / sleep Paralysis Before Falling Asleep

I've been getting short episodes sometimes where I feel paralyzed before falling asleep.

Sometimes i'll have a short period of lucid dreaming, followed by a quick shock or feeling i'm falling down where i'll wake up.

Or, i'll just feel paralyzed for a while and then have weird hallucinations, then feel like i'm falling again then wake up.

Sometimes the lucid dreaming is fun, i'll know something is wrong because I feel like i'm hallucinating but i'll just go along with it and push myself to enjoy it. Sometimes its really scary though, like it feels so real that i'll actually get scared.

Wow, this is weird stuff! Could it be because of bad sleeping habits?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper BullZye
|

replied September 27th, 2007
I get the same thing as you do. Its freaky coz u know whats happening yet u have no control. It can be coz of bad sleeping but ive read that its due to lots of factors, bad sleeping habits, increased stress, stress of work or moving house, when there are a lot of issues on ur mind, or after a traumatic experience such as the loss of a loved one etc
|

replied September 27th, 2007
oh also forgot to add that raised emotions can cause it too
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2007
Experienced User
if it isn't too personal, what are some of the hallucinations? cause' i have those as well, and, at times i have to agree that they can be very scary. i thought i would ask Smile
|

replied September 29th, 2007
i have them too but theyre never scary ones, and when i awake i dont panic coz they werent scary, i just think "oh that was strange" coz i realise they werent real............ but its just like hallucinations of every day things, not scary things
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2007
Experienced User
ah i see now Smile that's what i was thinking too Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2007
as soon as i realize that i'm dreaming, i wake up Sad also, I've had friends who've had sleep paralysis, its sounds scary as all hell.
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
SLEEP PARALYSIS
I have had SLEEP PARALYSIS
ever scence I could remember...I am now 34yes and in the past month it has been getting ALOT worse, I have always had bad dreams with it but now I am getting to the point where i am getting SLEEP PARALYSIS
every night and now I feel as if I am right out of my own body, you know i have seen myself and my BF sleeping in the bed while I was in a SLEEP PARALYSIS
but yet I was aware I was in this state. Just last night I just lied down and not even 5 minuts later I was in a SLEEP PARALYSIS
I flotted with my legs crossed like I was sitting, I try so hard to come out of these, but can't....I am getting worried now cause it is happing every night latly. I ALWAYS have the feeling that someone is right there with me, I have the feeling they are going to hurt my daughter or myself and I cant move to do anything cause im in a PARALYSIS. I can hear myself yell for help loud as can be but really I am not saying anything, I have also seen my hands grab my BF becide me in bed but he say's NO not at all. I truly wish this would stop or at least slow down cause I am top the poing to where i get scared to fall asleep even though I know that I am in a SLEEP PARALYSIS when im in it. I find when i have the ones where I come out of my body and flot if I just go with it it is better then fighting it, it does not last as long if i don't fight it...

Well thanks for reading this and if anyone has the same experences please share it with me...
|