Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Butt Lump - right by my anus, very tender ... (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
this is really embarassing buti have a bump inside my butt craxk right by my !**@! ..actually its more like a lump and its very tender and so is all the skin aound it....i had one similar to this only smaller about two weeks ago but it just got smaller and smaller and went away, but litterally like 2 days after that one was totally gone its like it came back in the same spot only this time it hurts when i sit and when i walk wrong and esp. when i wipe... i dk wha tto do but im really worried about it and going to the dr. for this would be embarassing so if someone can just tell me what it is and how to make it go away like i looked on here about people with something similar but they all say something about it oosing out watery !**@! or pus. but mines not doing that i dont know if its even something that can be popped it doesnt seem like it... but of course because of its location itsrather hard to see... if anyone has anyideas of what this may be and or how to make it go away or atleast make it stop hurting please please please let me know ????!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper meforhelp
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Is this lump right on your anal opening? What's the size of it? Does it feels small as a pea and solid on touch? What's its color? Do you find it more painful when you're passing stools? Have you noticed blood in your stool or on a toilet paper?
This lump could be a perianal haematoma, leak of blood just under the skin from the tiny blood vessels that can rupture when the anus stretches during the bowel movements. Haematomas, usually, do not need any treatment and in two weeks are getting painless and slowly start to shrink in size.
Do you have frequency of your bowel movements changed in time? Are you straining to move stool? Do you have chronic constipation or diarrhea?
You may have hemorrhoids( swollen or inflamed veins around the anus or inside the lower rectum.) Actually, you are probably having thrombosed external hemorrhoid that can be find as painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. its symptoms, in most cases, will go away within a few days.
Hope i helped a bit!
Best regards!
Marija
|

replied August 27th, 2011
Hi this information was very usefull. I will answer few of your questions could you plase replay what you think.

1.yes its rigth on the opening. but barely.
2.its the size of a pea.
3.its solid on touch.
4.its the coulour of the suraunding skin.(pinkish)
5.its not more painfull when i pass stool but a bit when i wipe.
6.Yes i have seen a bit of blood from time to time when i wipe not much.

Could you please replay. Thank You.
|

replied August 28th, 2011
Butt lump
I have this same thing right now going on with my body. A really wise old lady told me to eat plenty of raisins. I am doing this now and have done so in the past. Trust me it works. The first time this happened tho I had to go it it lanced. When the doc numbs the area it hurts really bad. Keep raisins in your diet.
|

replied December 7th, 2011
hi im wondering if you can help me i have the same problem but the thing is the lumps didnt go away they shrunk a little bit and then they in larged again and now im really worried because im only 17 and im scared on what it is
|

replied April 17th, 2008
I've had this before!
It's a cyst! I believe they are called Poly-natal cysts? Try googling them. Anyways- they are basically like huge puss/infection filled things just under your skin. You can try taking hot baths (as hot as you can stand) and hopefully it will come to a head and drain. Otherwise, like I had to have, the Dr had to lance it open and drain it. Thank goodness i havent gotten one there since- i know how bad they hurt Crying or Very sad Sometimes i get smaller ones and they just go away after a few days-
|

replied June 2nd, 2008
Butt lump
Hey,

I think i have something very similar, and yes it is rather embarresing.
It was very tender to touch, and just yesterday i went to the toilet and it must have popped, i looked into the toilet and it was just full of blood.
I was really worried i didnt know what to do and it is still bleeding but just weeping, so its not so heavy anymore.
Does anyone know what it could be?? Crying or Very sad Embarassed Sad
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, pengie!
Can you tell where exactly was the lump located?
When did you notice it for the first time?
What are the frequency and consistency of your bowel movements like?
|

replied June 5th, 2008
same symptoms I think
I think I have the same thing going on. I have had this lump just below and to the left of my tailbone for around 4 or 5 years and it would get sore for a day or two, nothing big though, not alot of swelling and just go away. But this week it is really sore, swollen and red. I've had no drainage as of yet. Alot of the posts I've read around other forums mention drainage alot. Wondering if what I have is different or is just not ready to drain or maybe it will not. I have tried to make several doctor appointments but nobody will take me because I am a new patient I suppose. At least this is what they tell me. Putting off going to the ER because it is so expensive and cannot really afford that right now.
So yeah, just chiming in I guess. It has also caused me to have gotten little sleep the past 3 nights. Hopefully this will go away on it's own with little or no treatment. Plan to keep area very, very clean and try several other techniques that I've read about. Thanks.
|

replied July 2nd, 2008
Question..
I woke up today and was scratching my left butt cheek when I felt a lump. Near the end of the cheek. If I stand up its on the lower part of the cheek close to where the cheeks touch. I cant really see it.. I would say that its about the size of a peanut. It kinda hurts when I press on it.. its getting uncomfortable to sit since I sit directly on the lump. I dont have any idea what this could be. I dont know if this is related but the last couple of days my feces have been green.. I think thats about it.. If anyone could help that would be more than awesome.. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
|

replied November 14th, 2011
But lump
Lump sounds like a pimple - but if worried get a doc to look at it. Green pooh - been eating fruitloops? Bile is green - so if you are producing too much bile it will turn your pooh green. Don't eat too much fat. That causes you to produce more bile. I am not a medial proffessional - I just know a lot.
from whatdoctor?
|

replied July 3rd, 2008
Bump
Bump...? Any thought would help. Smile
|

replied September 11th, 2008
dear GOD HELP ME!!!!!
Hey y'all

God help me! Yesterday I was moisturizing my butt with my crabtree and evelyn relaxation formula and i found a lump! It's pretty sizeable too, roughly the size and shape of a ping-pong ball. It's got a bit of a greenish tinge, and sometimes it pulsates when i take hot showers. it's very painful and i can't sit down!!!!! in fact, last night i was in the throes of passion with my husband and right as we were getting into it, he felt my lump and lost all excitement. Sad this butt lump is ruining my sex life!!! this morning, i farted and it leaked pus! ewwwwww! i read on other forums that ur supposed to get to a point where it drains, so i tried to prod it towards that direction but it just got painfull uggg i really have to get rid of it cuz my mother is coming for thanksgiving and shes a doctor and she alwauys insists on fully inspecting my body and this is REALLY embarassing, please help meee

thanks very much
lissa Smile
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied February 2nd, 2012
Your problem
Lissa,

If it is greenish in color, it could be melanoma and you should have it checked out. My wife's uncle had that and it is no joked. He didn't go to the doctor and it was a completely treatable form of skin cancer. Instead he shrugged it off and 7 months after everyone was trying to get him to go see a Doc, he was breathing his last breath...if it doesnt go away in a week, go see someone.
|

replied December 21st, 2008
Wow, hard to believe others are also having a similarly embarrassing problem. I noticed a hard lump, about the size of a large marble, to the left side of my anus yesterday. After swabbing it in rubbing alcohol I gently squeezed it and some pinkish liquid came out of what might be a hair follicle pore. NASTY! I do have hemmorroids from my first pregnancy (not a pleasant delivery of a 10 Lb baby by a small hipped person). I also am often constipated. It was somewhat irritating to sit today. Do you think this is a cyst or an internal hemmorroid filled with God knows....I hate to guess? Should I be taking Metameucil (I am a nutritionist and do eat a lot of whole grains, fr & veggies but still suffer from spastic bowel. Should I have this thing lanced? I did notice redness and swelling at the site. Pleased to receive any INFORMED MEDICAL advice. Thank you for your assistance.
|

replied December 28th, 2008
Could this be a cyst or cancer also?
Three weeks ago I had a bump on my buttock and I was wondering if it were cancer. What are some things to look for because so far it first appeared red and hurt and I picked at it and scraped some of the lump down some clear fluid came out after doing so and it went down slightly but now I noticed next to the irregular red area where the original lump is slightly discolored I am quite young but I am genetically at risk for colon cancer I believe so is this worth going into the doctor for because now it does not hurt but I feel concerned as it is also a little bit shiny but It is hard for me to look at so I cannot be sure.
|

replied January 30th, 2009
small bump
Hi, I also have a small bump on the inside rim of my anus. The first time I noticed this was about 2 days ago. I've recently had constipation where I was straining to push it out. and before all that, i'd say about a week ago, I had some tiny rectal bleeding. I heard that if you over strain yourself thats what happens, so I dont think this is linked in anyway. The bump is tender but I have noticed a decrease in pain over the last day. I've recently been drinking a lot of water, seeing that I gave up soft drinks, so my bowl movements are becoming more frequent. any input would be helpful since I dont really see this as a hemorrhoid but maybe just a haematoma
|

replied April 15th, 2012
did u ever find out what it was? i have on on the rim and it like covers the hole, but it doesnt hurt unless im walking or sitting wrong.
|

replied February 8th, 2009
bump
I have similar problems with a bump right on the top of my butt crack. Its been there for about a year and it gets very very sore from time to time. It also will drain water and pus alot, and every now and then it bleeds. I have not gone to the doctor yet but i might soon if it does not go away. Any one found anything that works?
|

replied March 10th, 2009
i have noticed a small browny/greyish cloured thing right by my anus hole it appears too look like mole r large freckle should i worry about this; im male and 16 years of age please any help would be much appreciated?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2009
i am experiencing a similar thing. i have tried using tucks pads and preparation H. they seem to relieve it very little but enough for me to get a little more comfortable and get maybe an hour of sleep. since this thing has developed i havent reale been getting much sleep adn it hurts to walk. i havent tried the hot bath so i guess that will be the next step. anything to get sum relief. thanks guys for posting this. and if there is anymore information out there i will be glad to read it and see what happens.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
My girlfriend had this same thing about a year ago. Started as a soreness a couple inches above her anus and not on the surface, more inside/under, around the tailbone. She asked me to look at it, and there wasn't anything obviously strange or abnormal, but when I pressed around the area, some puss did come out of a tiny hole. She saw a couple doctors who checked for lumps inside (cancer or hemmorhoids). Fortunately that was negative. Once doctor recognized it and said that a lot of military pilots used to get them (not sure why he said that or why I remember it except that it seemed odd). He prescribed some medication and it went away and never came back. It was a little uncomfortable for her to sit for some time, but nothing horrible.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
but bump
i have this bump thing on the right side of my but, right near my anus. it's really sore, and it hurts to walk, and to sit if i move the wrong way. its really sore, and its firm. it has been bleeding off and on for the last couple days, (only noticed it about 3-4 days ago). anyone know what it is, and more importantly, how to get rid of it?
|

replied June 9th, 2009
I need info on what causes bumps inside the anus?
Yesterday while eating dinner I sat down quick;y and it felt like a rock was stuck in my butthole. I am serious. I went and checked and of coarse I couldnt see it so I had to feel it with my finger. I was a bump and when i touched it pus and blood came out,today it has been draining all day at work. and smells funny. Anyone know whats up with this?
|

replied June 9th, 2009
i have a boil right above my butthole its about the size of a 2nd toe and it is very tender what is it and what should i do
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Anyone still expereincing the lump/bump etc described in these posts should see their doctor and ask. I had the same problem, recurring over a couple years and would expereince a large lump that sometimes drained a watery substance and on occasion, when squeezed would emit a thick, foul-smelling pus. In my case (and I suspect in a lot of others as described above) it was a condition know as a py-rectal sinus - not sure if I've used the correct spelling. This condition is harmless other than the discomfort/embarassment. I'm not a medical professional so the first step for everyone should be to consult a physician just to be on the safe side. If it is determined to be a py-rectal sinus you can use a very hot compress along with gentle squeezing to help it drain. Afterward, be sure to clean very well and use a sterile cotton swab to apply rubbing alcohol or peroxide to help get rid of the infection
|