Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

small lump in my neck, I had an ultrasoun, it's swollen node

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi, I'm a 19 year old female..I came across a small lump in my neck I felt it August 6th...It's on the right side about 2 cm up from my collarbone. I have been so worried about this for the past two months.( my mother had Hodgkins Disease, but has been cancer free for the past 6 years) . So I keep thinking I have some sort of cancer. I've seen 3 doctors about it and all they told me is that " it feels too small, I wouldn't worry about " .."give it 6-8 weeks"!!!! So I finally went to my family doctor and I really wanted something to be done about it . I had an ultra sound done on my neck and they said it's a swollen node but they don't know why it's swollen , so they wont me to go back to my family doctor so he can check on it (make sure it hasn't grown I guess)..and then they wanna book me for ANOTHER ultra sound..I seriously feel like I'm gonna go crazy with all the worry I have. I have no other symptoms the doc said it's a 1 cm mass. It hasn't grown or got smaller since I first felt it. Can someone please give me some advice , what to do ? What they think it is ? If anything similar has happend? I keep thinking the worst and everyone tells me to think positive but it's hard waiting . THANKS FOR YOUR TIME !!!
MELISSA
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Swollen lymph node can be due to various infections in certain part of the body and due to cancer. Swollen but painless lymph nodes are the most common sign of Hodgkin's lymphoma, often occurring in the neck.
Are you experiencing some other symptoms?
Waiting for your post!
All best to you!
Marija
|

replied March 24th, 2011
I have had a lump on the left side of my neck for over a yr now i guess.. I was told it may be a node. But its grown since the beginning, and sometimes my whole side down my left arm feels weak, and when im working out , it hurts to strain it sometimes, makin tht side feel weak again.. I recently got my insurance started again.. But for anything like this tht may need surgery, the insurance dont cover it till after a yr.. Last time i went to te doc, they acted like it was nuthin serious and sent me home.
|

replied July 5th, 2011
lump on neck
i have the same thing on my right side!!! idk what it is but it does make my right arm feel weaker when im working out....its starting to worrie me, ive onyl had the lump present for 2 days
|

replied November 7th, 2010
i have pea sized lump in neck, but also have breast lump. had that checked and they said ok!!neck lump followed. recently had shingles on head and thought that was cause. recovering nowbut taken 9 weeks, still feeling very tired. should i be worried?? is it connected??
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
no
|

replied February 11th, 2012
Lumps in neck
I have been having pain in my neck for a couple of days. I went to the E.R. and they told me that i have a mass in the right side of my neck.I am a smoker, I've been smoking for 16 years now. Iam worried that it may be cancer, but i'm hoping for the best..I go back to the Dr. in a few days for an ultrasound.Know that i think about it, I've been having pain, trouble with the right side of my neck for a long time now.Sometimes i get cramps under my chin, and a hard knot comes , and i'll have to rub it until it goes away..The Dr. at the E.R. said that it just didn't come overnight. they didn't seem worried at all, they just gave me a script for Naproxen, and told me to make an appointment for an ultrasound... i'll post the results when i get more info.
|