Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Use of Apple Cider Vinegar for Lowering High Blood Presure ? (Page 1)

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I checked my blood pressure at a grocery store it read 149/89 and this was on Saturday and I have been online to check on how to reduce it naturally. I started taking apple cider vinegar on Monday and went to the doctor on Tuesday and my blood pressure went down 128/86. I'm not sure if this worked that fast or the machine in the grocery store was wrong. Does anyone have any idea if using apple cider vinegar works on lower your blood pressure?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper beefragafragious
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Apple Cider
YES! Check out my other posts. In a nutshell, my dad SWEARS by garlic & Apple cider. He adds these 2 into almost all of his foods. He actually drinks a teaspoonful of apple cider every morning. He's been weaned off comletely of one of his meds, and his other bp med has been reduced to 25 mg once a day. Not bad at all! He also has a treadmill & a medical device called the resperate to help lower his blood pressure. ANYTHING to avoid pills!!!
Veronicca
|

replied June 8th, 2013
I take apple cider vinegar capsules [1500 mg.] I started taking teaspons a day for my hands that were cracking and bleeding. After starting on ACV, the problem went away. My daughter bought me some capsules. They seem to work as well. I had an episode of high blood pressure at work. I was allergic to the Lisenoprill, so I tried increasing my ACV capsules and my blood pressure is much better.
|

replied October 29th, 2007
My grandmother told me about that old home remedy of Apple Cider Vinger to lower blood pressure. Make sure your not buying the one that's used for cooking, because that's very harsh on the stomach. Health food stores and places like GNC have the drinking kind, that called apple cider vinegar mother's core. And they also have the herbal pills. Try drinking it daily with lots of water, and try to get that bottom number down some more.
|

replied December 4th, 2007
Apple Cider Vinegar
The explanation is farely simple. Apple pectin is a natural circulatory health boost. It helps your body clean its own veins and arteries out. Vinegar is a natural metabolism boost, its very acidic, so your body speeds up the metabolic process to get the vinegar out of the stomach (thats how all metabolic medicines work). You could get the same result from eating a couple apples with a chili pepper too. Or apple with Guarana extract. Vinegar is just very soft on the stomach. The higher metabolism gets the apple pectin moving quick through your body because of increased blood flow, therefore delivering more pectin to more areas before it has time to decay. This same method also helps in weight loss, because as your metabolic rate speeds up your body needs sufficient energy to boost itself, using carbohydrate reserves(fat) to fuel the fire. In the process reducing the amount of reserve needing to be maintained, which reduces strain on the heart.

In other words, Apple cider vinegar is probably the best method for health and circulatory control. An apple a day keeps a heart attack away.

I suggest getting the tablet extract form. I get mine at wal-mart, target, any health food store anywhere. Its listed as a weight loss diet, but don't think its anything like ephedrine. Far different. Its a lot easier to carry around and take, plus I always found it pretty hard to swallow down any type of vinegar. Mind you eating a real apple and drinking real vinegar is the method with the best results. The tablet form works for me. Anyway. Hope I was of some help.
|
Users who thank beefragafragious for this post: Kristyrich77 

replied December 29th, 2007
Apple Cider Vinegar (acv)
ACV isn't bad if you use a sweetener like Stevia. I have tried several flavors of it, and am currently using the Lemon drop flavor. Very nice and lemony. I buy mine from amazon grocery.

I take between 2teaspoons-1 tablespoon a few times a day. With the stevia (between 4-8 drops)and 8 ounces of water. I notice when I don't take it, that my joint pain comes back, so it also works as an anti-inflammatory.
Buy the Braggs brand or any other that show "Raw organic apple cider vinegar." You can buy it at most health food stores, Whole Foods, Wild Oats, even in some supermarkets 'health food' section.

Important note: If you take the ACV, do not take that aspirin a day. The ACV helps thin the blood, the way the aspirin does, so you don't need both. And long term use of the aspirin a day makes the stomach bleed, and that's never good.
|

replied March 30th, 2011
If ACV is effective treatment for high blood presure, why my doctor never advise me to do so. I have been using my doctor medication for almost 20 years and the result is the same.My blood presure goes ups and down.
|

replied August 30th, 2011
Because Apple Cider Vinegar is a CURE. Doc and big pharmacy wouldn't make money off of cured people. If doctor prescribed medicine actually worked why would anyone need to be on a medicine for a lifetime. You should be able to pop a couple of pills and be done with you DISease. Look into natural cures for everything. Your body was mad eto heal itself.
|
Users who thank BobKelso69 for this post: debcos 

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied October 3rd, 2011
I too am sick of Doctors who are only out to help the Pharmaceutical companies. My Doctor will only prescribe the most expensive drugs on the market too. and when I ask him why I can't have a cheaper drug he tells me" Oh you can't take that" So I am looking to find ways to manage my own BP and Diabetes, without medication( I don't take meds for the diabetes yet. But I would like to know if, tasking Apple cider vinegar just before I take the Blood pressure medication will interact with the BP Medication.
|

replied October 12th, 2011
apple cider Vinegar will also help you to control your sugar. Try Cinnamon Capsules for Boold Glucose.
|

replied July 11th, 2012
Cure for diabetes
also bitter squash, funegreek seed,aloe vera, and dandelion also use for control the blood sugar level. Special Chinese are using bitter squash for diabetes from long long times in their herb.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
I take ACV every morning and once sometime during the day before 9pm trying to control my BP and CL. I have family members that never took meds and they are 80 now because they took ACV back in Ardmore Oklahoma. I know it works. But if you are on meds you do want the best meds because a lot of the cheap ones have lots of side effects. So if your doctor suggest one that is expensive he cares about you or you really may not be able to take certain ones based on the change in your kidney function from blood test results. I can not take any meds with HCT in it. It causes imediate change to my kidney function. Doctors make money on giving you meds because they have to have you in their office at least every 4 months to check the meds in your blood. It does not matter what type of meds just meds in general. Especially CL meds. mix a tall liter bottle of water with 1/4 cup of acv and add honey to taste and put it in the frige. Take two big swallows of it before two meals daily and walk at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or on tread mill 15 minutes at the highest incline 3 times a week and you will see a difference in weight, BP and CL. Adding garlic to that same bottle will help joints and BP also. IF your BP and Joints are bad with RH. Ceylon Cinnamin will also lower glucose and lover CL but it must be the Ceylon kind. Any other will call problems to your liver.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Lowering BP, CL and Glucose
I take ACV every morning and once sometime during the day before 9pm trying to control my BP and CL. I have family members that never took meds and they are 80 now because they took ACV back in Ardmore Oklahoma. I know it works. But if you are on meds you do want the best meds because a lot of the cheap ones have lots of side effects. So if your doctor suggest one that is expensive he cares about you or you really may not be able to take certain ones based on the change in your kidney function from blood test results. I can not take any meds with HCT in it. It causes imediate change to my kidney function. Doctors make money on giving you meds because they have to have you in their office at least every 4 months to check the meds in your blood. It does not matter what type of meds just meds in general. Especially CL meds. mix a tall liter bottle of water with 1/4 cup of acv and add honey to taste and put it in the frige. Take two big swallows of it before two meals daily and walk at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or on tread mill 15 minutes at the highest incline 3 times a week and you will see a difference in weight, BP and CL. Adding garlic to that same bottle will help joints and BP also. IF your BP and Joints are bad with RH. Ceylon Cinnamin will also lower glucose and lover CL but it must be the Ceylon kind. Any other will call problems to your liver.
|

replied January 5th, 2012
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar actually lower sugar level too. It works like antidiabetic medicine Metformin. ACV prevent convertion of carbohydrate into sugar by destroying digestive enzymes like lipase, amylase etc. I put 1 tsp of ACV into a eight oz glass of water and take it before meal. My sugar level went down from 170 to 117. Try it. But, if you eat sugar and already sweetened food, it may not work, as it only prevents conversion of carbohydrate.

It is working for my fine.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Have you checked out cold pressed virgin cocount oil? There is some data that suggests using coconut oil in your diet will help you get your blood sugar regulated. I am currently using raw organic ACV and cold pressed virgin coconut oil for the purpose of regulating my blood sugar and blood pressure as well as the hopes of lowering my cholesterol. I'm not saying it will work, I'm too new to this to say one way or the other right now, but do some research on both. Information is power.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Have you checked out cold pressed virgin cocount oil? There is some data that suggests using coconut oil in your diet will help you get your blood sugar regulated. I am currently using raw organic ACV and cold pressed virgin coconut oil for the purpose of regulating my blood sugar and blood pressure as well as the hopes of lowering my cholesterol. I'm not saying it will work, I'm too new to this to say one way or the other right now, but do some research on both. Information is power.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
That makes you a perfect test subject. You have 20 years documented history.
Try for one month using acv and see if it makes a difference.

If yes you have proof. Hope you get to stop the pills soon.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
20 years of doing the same thing
Why would you continue doing the same thing for 20 years in order to continue experiencing the same results?

Obviously, you do not have high BP because your body is in short supply of BP medicine.

While ultra high BP may warrant a short term course of BP meds in an emergency, the ultimate goals should be to correct the problem naturally and get off all meds.

Has it never occurred to you that the medical establishment does not want you to stop taking BP meds and actually cure your high BP through diet and exercise?

If all patients ate right and exercised, supplemented with quality whole food products, they would lose billions of dollars annually.
|

replied December 30th, 2012
apple cider vinegar lows blood pressure
well my blood pressure was 149 over 97 and I began taking apple cider vinegar two teaspoons in the morning with water and two in the evening with water... I noticed I urinated a lot and was clear and I felt lighter in the head...at first I was having severe headaches and pressure build up...then I checked my blood pressure it was 124 over 73....tremendous change.....it took two weeks for me to feel better....so happy
|

replied April 19th, 2013
Are you also taking bp med? If so which one?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar really works for hypertension. I am not on any medication, therefore my doctor asked me to use diet to reduce my hypertension.I started using apple cider vinegar, 2tablespoon to a pint of water for three days.On 14/4/09 my blood pressure went from 136/97 to 167/89. I know that the top reading is a high but the bottom is remarkable. Today 30/4/09, the nurse congratulate me, it is now 140/80.I started to use 1 table spoon in a glass of water three times daily and in the morning I add one clove of crushed garlic with a dash of cayenne pepper. My body feels great.Any other suggestions?
|

replied June 1st, 2011
Put a 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)into the vinegar and water and it takes the away the acid taste.. also i take mine with orange juice.. but be careful as it fizzes..
ps bicarbonate of soda.. also has simular health benifits and turns the vinegar into alkaline which is what the body needs to lower bp and also helps with gout...
|

replied June 1st, 2011
Put a 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)into the vinegar and water and it takes the away the acid taste.. also i take mine with orange juice.. but be careful as it fizzes..
ps bicarbonate of soda.. also has simular health benifits and turns the vinegar into alkaline which is what the body needs to lower bp and also helps with gout...
|

replied March 16th, 2012
Why do you need to put the acv in water, instead of drinking it striaght???
|

replied June 1st, 2011
|

replied June 8th, 2009
To all of you who took the time to post a reply on this site, bless you. Presently, I have no health insurance and have High Blood pressure. I will try apple cider vinegar and hope for the same results all of you have experienced. Again, thank you.
|

replied June 15th, 2011
Why the heck dont you have any health insurance??? All of our congressmen, senators and president does, and you paid for it.

Oh and they just gave themselves the largest raise ever granted. I guess to celebrate the horrid state of the union.
|

replied June 20th, 2009
A fair question by the OP but unrealistic to see a systolic change of 20 mm as meaningful during a busy day.
Mine can vary by at least 30mm - BP needs to be done at the same time and conditions every day for some time to gauge effects.
On the ACV thing I tried a 'clear' one from Health Food Store that said it could be taken as a tonic- I took a tsp in a smoothy and that was ok but when taken in apple juice ,with all the fibre in, was far too sharp and made my throat rather raw.
Didn't feel right- was this just starting pains??
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
wow!!!!
i have a large jug of apple cider vingar because i read about the great things it does, its suppose to help you loose weight also.
now i m going to ignore the taste and start taking it again.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
Hi trv,
I don't think you actually used pure apple cider vinegar(with the Mother) which is dark and should be diluted one tablespoon in a pint of water. This can even be a little rough on the throat if not properly diluted. I suspect that you might have used ordinary vinegar which can be extremely rough on the throat. Try Braggs Pure apple cider vinegar.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
Yeah Samdy- I don't think this 'mutha' had the 'mother' though the shop where I got it is very good usually.
But for the tonic thing on the label I wouldn't have bought it.
Substituting it back by using with pressed apple didn't do the trick.
I will try H+B for the real thing, or maybe order online in the end -and look out for Braggs if available in UK.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
lower pulse rate
I started taking acv a week ago. One teaspoon in a small glass of water. I've found that drinking it through a straw, thereby bypassing the teeth and most of the tongue makes it easy. So far I have definately noticed a marked reduction in appetite, especially for sweet things incuding alcohol.
Will wait another week before I weigh myself but am confident of weight loss.
Also, I have just checked my pulse rate. It was 58, as opposed to 68 two weeks ago.I feel this is beneficial as far as blood pressure is concerned.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Some of you wanting to lower your blood pressure using raw organic apple cider vinegar(ACV) such as Braggs brand, or Spectrum have to realize that you must make other changes as well. Like cutting down on salt which is #1. Plus watching what you eat and cutting out the high saturated fatty foods, and exercising daily even if it's just walking a half hour after a meal in the evening.
You will see great results if you implement all of the above, plus reduce your stress levels.

I also take a Hawthorne supplement a few times a day. It helps with circulation problems. Plus now and then some Dandelion extract. That tastes great mixed in some water.
The ACV is best with a little sweetener such as liquid stevia or honey or agave nectar. Whichever you prefer. Helps it all go down smoothly and tastier.
|

replied September 5th, 2009
Back in 1974 I was very sick with a strep throat, which created complications with Kidneys.
I learn't the only effective prevention of Streptococci
Bacilus is to include Apple Cider Vinegar every day in your diet. This was discovered effective in the prevention of Strep in Cows milk, back in the early 1900's, following
ACV in cows diets, in Vermont, USA.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2009
I've heard good things about apple cider vinegar and use it myself as a part of a salad dressing. The point I want to make is the actual blood pressure readings. The drops recorded in these posts is not very spectacular and does not necessarily indicate success with this or that cure.

Blood pressure readings are never very accurate and can only show a range. A BP monitor can change have a variation of as much as 10 points up or down even though the person's actual blood pressure has changed a bit.

Of course if you consistently read over 145 systolic or over 105 diastolic then it's time to pay attention and act.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2009
Experienced User
Aliante did you know our bodliy fluids (blood & amnionics) are as salty as the ocean, in actual fact if we don't have these natural salts in our system we run the risk of having strokes & causing brain damage. My reason for bringing this to your attension is this; most supermarket salt is extracted of all other minerals & treated at high heat temps which changes any minerals left to a different molecular structure in which we can't absorb cellularly so instead our body stores away anything it cant eliminate as fat. This is one reason where salt causes bp to rise among other things, the other reason is our body can't eliminate the salts if there is not enough fluids to pass through the cellular level so in fact salt will act as a cleanser & be eliminated from the body when we hydrate correctly with clean quality water. I have lost 49 lb of weight using salt & a alkalizing diet where i consumed high levels of calories of the correct nature & correct hydration & no exercise, my BP fell from 150/80 to currently 118/62 there is an exact proceedure for this & attempting this without propper guidance is not advised. Go study my posts & you will find more on this & other subjects that are here only to help people research there own nutrition
|

replied September 13th, 2009
I do know the difference with supermarket salt and natural ones. I do use some salt on my food, but I buy the natural rock salt from France and grind it myself. Too much salt is bad for Blood Pressure, most anyone knows this.
Since my first post in 2007, I have evolved to better things in my weight loss efforts and in lowering my blood pressure. I eat a whole food plant based diet. I still take the ACV once in awhile but I now take hawthorne berry supplements exclusively and I walk for at least 1 hour every evening. The walking alone will lower your blood pressure. The hawthorne keeps the circulation going.
I have found now that i have to lower my hawthorne berries down to 1 supplement 3 times a day. Before it was 2 supplements 3 times a day. Since the weight has been dropping off, in the first month i lost 5 lbs a week, now I just lose 2 pounds a week.

So no thanks, I will pass on the salt regimen. I found something that works much better for me and it's easy, just lace up the walking shoes, grab a bottle of water, go outside, put one foot in front of the other, walk as fast as I comfortably can and walk as far as I can. Repeat daily. Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
Grocery store pharmacy automated blood pressure cuffs are supplied by pharmacuetical companies. They started showing up when the market was flooded with effective blood pressure medicines. I've never found one that doesn't read my BP about 10-20 points higher than a doctors office visit. You should allways have BP tested by a trained professional using calibrated equipment.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Aliante ,YOUR MISSING THE POINT it's not the salt causing high bp it's the lack of water, my bp dropped & natural salt is alkalizing which is a protection factor against cancer. Too much exercise can cause weight gain if we don't hydrate correctly.
|

Extremely eHealthy
How do you figure too much excercise can cause weight gain if we don't hydrate correctly? Are you talking about water gain after dehydration?
|