Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Spasms In Left Side

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
since yesterday i keep getting these weird spasms (only word i can come up with to describe them) on my left side and it feels like it's coming from around my rib cage but it's not actually the rib cage that's doing that. anyone know what that is? it doesn't hurt it's just annoying and i'm worried something's wrong; what organs are around that area? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well your organs don't have nerves, but on the right side of your body under the ribs is some intestine, your liver, and your right lung.

More likely, it is muscle laid on top of the ribs that is spasming.
|

replied September 30th, 2010
Im having the same throbbing or "spasms" under my left rib cage. I know under the left rib cage is the stomach but, why would my stomach be throbbing?
So the only thing I can think it is, is the muscle..

Any help will be Greatly appreciated(:
|

replied July 12th, 2011
I've had something similar -- took a long time to diagnose but mine was pleurodynia also known as Devil's Grip because it's sometimes very sharp and unpredictable. You might want to google pleurodynia or ask your doctor about it. Good luck!
|
Tags: rib cage
Quick Reply