Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Sex on day after fertile days.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had sex a day after my fertile days. Is it still possible that I am pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yes. Are you charting to know exactly when you are fertile or are you just using the basic 14 day before your period rule?
|

yes i have been charting. I was on my last days of fertile days. We had sex three times that night and he ejaculated all three times.
|

Especially eHealthy
yes you can get pregnant anytime of the month
|

can sumone please answer my questions?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes it is possible for you to be pregnant
wait until your missed period then take a test
we cannot tell you if you are or aren't pregnant
|

Especially eHealthy
The last of your fertile days? How many days did your chart say you are fertile?

I did answer your question. The answer was YES.
|

it says i am fertile for at least 4 or 5 days
|

Especially eHealthy
Are you temping and using cm? Your eggs are not living for 4 or 5 days.

Women who have regular periods can easily calculate when ovulation occurs. Ovulation almost always happens 14 days before you expect your period. For a woman who has 28 day cycles, that would be in the exact middle of the cycle, 14 days after the last period and 14 days before the next one. Women who have 30 day cycles can expect to ovulate 16 days after the last period, which is 14 days before the next one.

Women who have irregular cycles cannot predict when they will ovulate. In retrospect, they can calculate that ovulation occurred 14 days before a period, but that does not help in planning a pregnancy. Women with very irregular cycles may need to use ovulation predictor kits to determine when they will ovulate. Ovulation predictor kits detect the rise in hormones that occurs before the egg is released.

It is not necessary to time intercourse to coincide with ovulation. That’s because both the sperm and the egg can live inside you for a while. The egg can last approximately 24 hours after ovulation. If sperm are available anytime during this 24 hour window, you can get pregnant. You don’t have to have sex within the 24 hour window, though. That’s because sperm can live inside you for days, waiting for the egg to be released. You can get pregnant by having intercourse anywhere from several days before ovulation to a day after ovulation.

For example, if you ovulate on day 14 (counting the first day of your period as day 1), you can get pregnant by having sex anytime between days 9-15, and perhaps days 8 and 16 as well. Conception will take place on day 14 or so, but you may have had sex many days before conception.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
very well said Ingi!!
you give great advice
Wink
|

what are u sayin ingi am i or arent i
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
hun...
no one can tell you if you are pregnant...
you'll have to wait for your missed period
and take a test
|

Especially eHealthy
SBATISTE89 wrote:
what are u sayin ingi am i or arent i

ok
we dont know if you are
we are not psycic palm readers or anything

but what we are saying is that YES you could be
|

dont get smart nah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, no one is getting smart with you. We don't even know you. How could we possibly tell you if you are pregnant. You have a 25% chance of getting pregnant during any given cycle with perfectly timed intercourse. So you have about a 25% chance of being pregnant. The only way you will know is if you wait for your period and take a test.
|

Extremely eHealthy
How many people have told you that there is a possibility of you being pregnant? I make 5 people to say that there is a chance you are pregnant. Unless you take a test, no one is going to be able to tell you if you are or are not. It is a possibility.
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I think Ingi was just trying to give you some helpful info. Your question is like me going to africa and coming back and asking these girls if I have tuberculosis. How are they supposed to know. You can get pregnancy symptoms and not be pregnant. That's just part of being a woman, unfortunetly. Smile
|

replied September 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
SBATISTE89 wrote:
dont get smart nah

im not getting smart im telling you the truth
if your worried then go take a test because we obviously cant tell you if you are or not pregnant!

and now is spelled N-O-W Wink
|
Quick Reply