Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Milk Question

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Ok, for the last month or so I've been giving Kaylee whole milk trying to get her ready to go off the formula by her first birthday. She has a can & a half of formula left so I'm planning on once that's gone, it's gone for good. She does real good with milk, she drinks it right down as long as I warm it up for about 20 seconds. The only thing I've noticed when she drinks quite a bit of it is that she gets constipated. Is it normal for milk to do this & what can I give her for it if she refuses any juices? She used to drink apple juice & that would do the trick but she won't drink any juices now, just ice water, formula & milk..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2007
Supporter
try putting a teaspoon of cornsyrup in the milk.. thats what i was told to do...
and when shes constipated give her some prunes its sposta make em poop good
|

User Profile
I put cornsyrup in the bottle just enough so thats theres a think layer covering the entire bottom of the bottle. And I try to get him to eat some prunes atleast once a week. And hes only been constipated once in the month hes been drinking whole milk.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks muchly ladies, I'm heading to the store in the morning!
|

replied September 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
dungirl88 wrote:
I put cornsyrup in the bottle just enough so thats theres a think layer covering the entire bottom of the bottle. And I try to get him to eat some prunes atleast once a week. And hes only been constipated once in the month hes been drinking whole milk.

isn't your baby only like 4 months old? i'm confused as to why he'd be drinking whole milk...

michelle, i'd try prunes before anything else. i don't think babies need corn syrup.
|