Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

I Havent Had My Period In 2 Months!!!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i am 14 years old.. i havent had my period in about 2 and a half months.. im worried.. i dont think im pregnant cuz i havent really had sex with a guy i just messed around with them. im so stressed out. could that be it cuz my parents recently got a divorce and i lost everything.. idk i just want to know why i havent had my period. is there sumthin wrong with me..

hellllpp mmee plz.. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper young Girl
|

replied September 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hun if you havent had sex then your not pregnant

your young and your periods are going to be wacky soemtimes

try not to stress out because yes stress can cause you to delay or miss your period
|

Especially eHealthy
Go to planned parenthood in your area or get a pregnancy test from the dollar store if you are terribly concerned.

Like Suzy said, it is unlikely you would get pregnant from fooling around.

How long did you have your period (how many months) before you stopped having it?
Have you told your mom? She would obviously know if you aren't using up the pads or tampons in the house. Maybe you need to go see your doctor.

ETA: Because something is wrong with me today and I read 2 months as 2 years. UGH!
|

well no i cant tell my mom.. she would kill me.. and she is never home so she never pays attention... i cant go to the doctors i just cant.. i started my period in 5th grade and now im in 8th..and i cant get a pregnancy test without my mom knowing...
|

Especially eHealthy
tmoyer wrote:
well no i cant tell my mom.. she would kill me.. and she is never home so she never pays attention... i cant go to the doctors i just cant.. i started my period in 5th grade and now im in 8th..and i cant get a pregnancy test without my mom knowing...

You can fiddle around with a boy but you can't get a pregnancy test without your mom knowing? Highly unlikely...

Sweetie, if his penis was not inside you, you aren't pregnant.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
I am fourteen as well, I had my period twice in the same months and then none in the past 2 months. I haven't had sex and my periods are usually quite regular. I have been quite stressed lately with school, moving to a new country and deciding whether or not to move back to my home country. Could this be what is causing my problem?
|

Especially eHealthy
tmoyer wrote:

ok but your not pregnant so why would you need a pregnancy test?

how can your mom be mad at you because youre having irregluar periods?
Confused
|

Especially eHealthy
Another thing, your mom is the one who buys the pads/tampons, right? So she already knows you aren't having a period because you are not using them up.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: I Havent Had My Period In 2 Months!!!!!!!
tmoyer wrote:
i am 14 years old.. i havent had my period in about 2 and a half months.. im worried.. i dont think im pregnant cuz i havent really had sex with a guy i just messed around with them. im so stressed out. could that be it cuz my parents recently got a divorce and i lost everything.. idk i just want to know why i havent had my period. is there sumthin wrong with me..

hellllpp mmee plz.. Crying or Very sad

If a penis has not gone inside of your vagina then you can't be pregnant.

I have to specify that because "messed around" is a very broad label!

You are young and stressed. Of course your cycle isn't going to be normal! Hun, a full grown woman could lose her period for a few months with that kind of stress.

Just relax, and I'm sure your cycle will return in a month or two. If it doesn't, talk to someone you trust.
|

replied February 16th, 2009
I HAVEN'T HAD AN PERIOD IN 5 MONTHS!!
Well i had sex twice so far the last time i had sex was in octorber and i havent had a period every since octorber do that mean im ""pregant""??
|

replied August 15th, 2009
i never had my period in a long time like1 1/2 years and suddenly i got my period again 2times and now im didnt have my period in a few monthss...
i just turned 16. the thing my mmom tells me is because im obesee or whatever its called (like EXTRAOVERWEIGHT)
she keeps asking me to loose weighht
but since im not getting my period im gaining weight just like that and i have gained 70 pounds in 2years by eating normally my doctor told me that ii would get it back when im 16, but now im 16 and still didnt get a REGULAR long-lasting period. i never had se x in my life /i never had a boyfriend either so nothing like that could be the reason for my period not to come back. what am i supposed to do noww? my doc was gnna give me some tablets if i dont get it my mom told mee,.... so what do i do nowww?
|

replied April 19th, 2012
You may want to get your thyroid checked sweetie. That can make you gain weight and mess with your periods.
|

replied August 25th, 2009
Not had a period in 2-3 moths, but cannot be pregnant!
Heyy, I am 15 and I have been suffering from the same problem. I also have not had sex, but have fooled around with lads. You cannot be pregnant sweetie becasue you have ot had intercause. You will most likely be upset about your parents and therefore it is showing itself by you not havind a period. But if you are that worried darlen, go to the doctors. take a friend with you, I did. They may take a blood test if they think it is necerssary, but don't be concered if they do.
My parents are not going through a divorce but I have not had my period in about 2-3 months. I have not suffered from any stress as I have been on my holidays most off the time. I have also recently gained 9pounds too, which has made me rather worried because I don't know if they are linked. Please help!
|

replied June 16th, 2010
I'm 14 and I haven't had my period for over 2 months and I don't know what to do! My mom always askes me if I got it and I say no and she is worried and wants to take me to a gyno and I DONT WANNA GO! I'm scared. I don't want them looking down there! Its the middle of June and she said that shes gonna take me to the gyno probably by the end of the summer if I don't get my period. I really don't wanna go and I hope that I don't have to. I've read above and saw that its normal not to have your period if your stressed, I'm kinda stressed I guess but I don't know. I don't think its that bad that I wouldn't have my period. I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant because I never had sex ever! And the only way I would be pregnant is if someone raped me and I know that no one did that because I'm pretty sure I would remember. But I don't know. Please helppp!!!! :]

Sincerely,
ScaredForGyno
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2010
Three months, no period.
I havent had my period in about to be three months now. i had sex a month before then but i dont have any other syntoms of being pregnant, and the past years ive had irregular periods. Sometimes i would go two months @ the longest not having one, or sometimes i would have two in one month. I am stressed but could that really delay my period for three months?
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
I am a mom and have gone six months without my period recently. Pretty scary stuff. It really is scary thinking about going to the ob, but it really is not that bad. They see "down there" all day long and to them they are not thinking anything of it. I am sorry if your mom is not paying attention to it. I would say that if your information is already at the doctors office, call them and tell them what is going on and see if a friend can take you. It's ok to be scared but it is also ok to be worried about your health. You are doing great by posting something here, proud of you girl!! It very well could just be the stress, but it is also best to just have it checked out. I would not worry about being pregnant. Will be praying for you.
|

replied July 16th, 2011
i need help some kind of advice im 15 and i had sex like last month but i had my period in may but havent gotten it in june or this month and im kinda worried because ive been having really bad stomach pains and ive also been urinating more frequently than usual and idk whats going on i took two pregnancy tests and they both said no im not but my mom told me a long time ago she took 4 pregnancy tests and they all came up false but she went to the doctor and they told her she was what if im pregnant what do i do next? please help
|

replied July 12th, 2010
i am 15 and i haven't had my period in 2 months ... i am really worried i think i might be pregnant but i really don't know my mom thinks the same thing i really haven't had sex , but my bf has try to put his penis in my vagina but never really got in there that was after my 1 st miss month period. we have messed around lots of times. and I've heard its possible to get pregnant from dry humping but not so sure if its true. i have taken a pregnancy test but came out negative that was on the 1st month. so idk can some one help me out !!??

i have been gaining weight more than wat i am already , i also have been having cravings and i have the urge to go pee a lot but don't go
|

replied July 12th, 2010
If your pregnancy test came out negative and you have not actually had sex then you are most likely not pregnant. You can not get pregnant by dry humping either. Some times when we are so scared about being pregnant, our minds and bodies tend to act as though they are which can be very scary. If anything, maybe you could just mention something to your mom that they are talking about starting to see a doctor once a year for a check up since you are turning into a young lady. Maybe this will not only get you to the doctor but also through her off the trail that you think you are pregnant. You might also talk to a school counselor and see if maybe they can help you talk to your mom or see if they can help you get to a doctor. It could just be that your body is just not doing its thing. There is a condition called PCOS which causes your body not to menustrate which can also cause these problems. I know, I have it and it can be very frustrating.
|

replied August 5th, 2010
Im 16 and i miss my period for one month once in a great while but i missed 2 months so far i never had sex, also I have a pain when i breath in hard my right rib or lung hurts help?
|

replied August 18th, 2010
New
I just started my period at the begining of summer i think and i dont think ive had my period in like a month or two idk i havent been tracking my period. Ive never had sex. and my mom dosent kno ive had my period yet. but idk is it just because i recently started my period?
|

replied August 31st, 2010
im 19, and just recently i had irregular periods.. and now i'm gaining so much weight... does that have connection... gaining weight when having irregular period?
|

replied September 3rd, 2010
i havent been on my period for 2 months
hi i am 13 and i havent had my period for 2 months and my mum wants to take me to the gp but i dont wonna go i dont want to be treated like a lab rat ( the doctor weighing me and lookn down there) .i dont know if i have been gaining weight some people say i have gained weight and some people say i have lost weight omg i dont know what to do ! i dont wonna have pcos but i have a few symptoms like acne and the hair growth some one help me !!!!!!!!! and i have never had sex before baffle
|