Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Really Bad Teeth. Does teeth pulling hurt? Dentures expensiv

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
ok I have really bad teeth I mean really bad(top and bottom teeth), kinda like crack addacts teeth(not trying to be funny either). but I was wondering first if it hurts when You get teeth pullled. and I want dentures instead of going toothless so are dentures or is getting teeth pulled more expensive? I do have dental insurance from my job but Im not sure how much that will help.

OK short summery

Bad teeth(all top/all bottom)
How much does teeth pulling hurt?
Which is more expensive? dentures/getting teeth pulled?

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
teeth pulling will hurt only after the anesthesia wears off. then they will give you pills to help you controll the pain.

id say getting teeth pulled is cheaper, but dont you want to have teeth in the long run?
|

well my teeth are in really bad shape. I dont know why but I just stopped brushing them a few years after I found out I had Chrones Disease(sp?). I pretty much just gave up on everything then. But I havent had any problems with it in a while even tho I havent taken my meds for it I just feel a whole bunch better. But back on topic, I just turned 21 and I have a job and my life is getting a little better each day so I want to have a good smile to go with me. I want it so I can hopefully get into a better carear. I need some more advice soon please because one of my front teeth just broke off yesterday. I dont want to go back to feeling bad again.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Generally, coryhi, Dentures are pretty costly if you're not covered by insurance (at least here in Canada, anyways). Your best bet is to look into veneers (covers for your teeth) or a good cleaning can generally make them look at least a little better.

Do some research on the American Dental Association's Website (If you're from the States) and they normally have suggested price guides for various procedures/products that dentists' usually follow.

I hope this helps!
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Bad Teeth
I got then too fighting them my whole life. Here is what I know. It is not my fault. Some people never get cavities.
They are immune. They can eat sugar by the bag. Smoke and drink and never get a one. I have had my dentist scream at me to brush. I yelled right back ! I do more than three times a day. S. Mutant staph is the cause. It is technically resistant to antibiotics because it is the plack. They have been working on a vaccine for 10 years. Drug companies don't make cures you may have noticed. They make addicts. There is a lot more to this. It would take to long. Nothing will fix a rotted away tooth. It has to be pulled. The under gums can I use EVORA plus this replaces the mutants with good flora. It takes time. I personally think they made it to weak. It works nicely. Osteoporosis,Heart disease, strokes, diabetes, kidney
disease. My neck jaw back hurt all the time before. High blood pressure is better. The other is BIOTENE PBF mouth wash and they have a gum and other. This uses enzymes to super charge the good bugs and suppress the bad with a good shot of calcium for protection. Under $30 together. Best game in town for now. A vaccine would be better a shot or spray and never get a cavity again. Good Luck
|

replied August 8th, 2011
i just got 2rotted teeth pulled today and it hurt really bad,they used alot of anesthesia on me,the pain was almost unbarebable,now i am lookin into dentures to fill the gaps
|