Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Head Pressure / pain, When Laying down?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Laying down, or resting in a recliner cause pressure and head pain. When I finally go off to sleep, when I wake up, I have a headache. Than when I get out of the bed, walk around, the pain decreases.

w/m 49, excellent health, no drink, no smoke.

I been to neuro dr., bone doctors, had cat scans, MRI, facet injections trigger point injections, you name the test, I have had it.
I had this small lump in the right rear of my neck.
They do not know what it is all test were normal.

Can sinus cause this, or what else? Please help?

Anyone out there?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you suffering from chronic sinusitis?
Do you have allergies?
Where is the headache located exactly?
Did the headaches begin suddenly?
For how long you are experiencing headaches?
|

replied November 14th, 2008
microvascular decompression
i had gamma knife in may for trigeminal neuralgia was really messed up and ended up with different neurosurgeon he did mvd now i cant lay down or sleep for more than an hour because ear, behind nose and pressure in the head wake me up in terrible pain. once up and take something for pain it subsides. at first i thiught it was bad tooth but tooth doesnt hurt all day long. any info or help would be welcome. thank you, paxajan
|

replied September 28th, 2009
Muscle pain
My similar symptoms are due to muscle pain caused by a damaged TMJ. I used to get pain after a couple hours of standing up, and now after surgery I get pain after laying down - only on the back, when I turn my head to the side it subsides. The pain accumulates, is deep dull muscular and it took a really long time to figure out what it was - it covers the whole half head and neck and is present behind the eye and above and in the teeth.

Surpisingly, the most effective treatment was Botox, and cheap injections of temporary pain relievers also helped (which may pre-indicate whether Botox would be effective for your cases).

Stress greatly increases the pain. Even for no reason if something stressful happens the pain kicks in immediately.
|

replied August 13th, 2011
I have similiar symptoms
I have a pressure headache when I lay down to sleep as well. Mostly in my forehead area. I wake up from the pain. I can't explain what it is like accept to say like if a person was hanging upside down for too long and the pressure builds in their head so much that it causes the headache. I too have a small lump on the right base of my head kind of behind the ear. I haven't seen a doctor because I figured I got the headaches from being obese and I thought it might be from sleep apnea but its to the point now I get the headaches 5 minutes after I lay down. Doesn't matter if I am on my sides stomach or back. Sometimes sleeping propped straight up helps but not all the time. I also suffer from getting dizzy spells during the waking hours sometimes. maybe once a month. A couple times so bad I can't function and even went to the E.R. where they couldn't find a thing wrong with me. But most times I can still manage to function through the dizziness. If you ever find out answers please let me know. I have a hard time sleeping and lucky to get 4-5 hours a sleep at night.
|

replied August 13th, 2011
Do any of you have teeth problems? If you move your jaw around, curl your tongue to the roof of your mouth, and bite down slowly does it connect first on your back teeth?

I was connecting on my back teeth ever since my wisdom teeth were pulled.

After 6 years of that it popped my jaw and the pain started. I still have the pain but it's not as bad.

I had my teeth ground down in the back by a dentist and afterwards the pain subsided to where I didn't need painkillers anymore and I fully quit.
|

replied June 7th, 2013
Did anyone ever find out what's the cause? I'm having similar symptoms as well. Thanks a lot!
|