Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Feeling Nauseous! Acid Reflux ?

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
Lately i have been feeling really nauseated. Mostly after i eat. I do have anxiety and sometimes that can be the cause. And i may have acid reflux. Usually belching helps me aliveate the nausea for a short period of time. I am deathly afraid of vomiting. I haven't since the summer and before that for 3 years.I was wondering could it be the acid reflux making me feel like i should run to the toilet? I haven't dry heaved or vomited yet but i feel as if i could at any moment. It is terrible to go to school with it and i've missed 4/15 days already. But i get a feeling at the back of my throat as if i could cough and i usually do. It makes me gag also. Could this just be acid reflux or something more? Please help me.
Thanks
Alex
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2007
Experienced User
I see people have viewed? Any suggestions?
|

replied May 5th, 2008
i feel that same way...i wish i could help...
|

replied December 10th, 2009
From what I've heard, based on experience, drink plenty of water.
|

replied June 7th, 2010
diagnosis acid reflux
it sounds like a pretty severe case of acid reflux i have got it and it makes me feel sick and have cramps i would recommend you take 'tums' anti-acid medication it works a treat for a few hours but i suggest you try and relax more as acid reflux can cause a ulcer which is very painful and hard to treat i would also suggest relaxing techniqes and green tea. hope this helps Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2011
I feel the same way. When I eat I feel pain around my stomach. Also I feel nauseous after I eat. I also get cramps below my ribs. It is very difficult for me to live with this illness. I have acid rerflux and IBS.
|

replied March 16th, 2011
I would suggest and anti-acid medication such as Prilosec OTC (prilosec is like a low dose of prevacid and would be a good thing to start with)... it's that pill with the commercials for 14-day use (although a lot of people I know stay on it permanately), Prevacid (what I take), or Nexium(helps my mexican mother-in-law with acid and her spicy food addiction, lol). What I would say gave me a more permanate, with the help of an anti-acid, is acupunture because it made my burps fully functional and not vomitty.

Acupuncture also made me fart more easily along with the burping. Even if gas is in your bowels you can feel like it's in your stomach if there's enough pressure.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
It's definitely acid reflux. Im only 17 and I've had almost every test done including the scope, I know how all of that its and I know 100% it's acid reflux. Don't worry, ask your doctor to put you on Protonix.. It helps a lot! You don't get that "puking" feeling at all and the burning goes away also. The only time I'm ever nauseaus now is if I skip my pill for a few days. Good luck! You'll be okay!
|
Quick Reply