Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum

Thistle Spines In My Feet ?

I ran through a very large thistle patch with only socks on, and now I am pretty sure I have about 20 thistle spines in each foot, but I am not sure because about an hour after I ran through the patch I looked at my feet and there was lots of small dark spots that I can tell are beneath the surface of the skin, and there are no holes in my skin, so if the spines are in there my skin must have healed over them very quickly. First I would like to know your opinion on whether or not their are indeed spines in my feet, and secondly I would like to know if they need to be removed, or if they will dissolve or something, if left there and how long that would take.

Here is a link to a picture of the plant so that you know what the spines look like: http://flickr.com/photos/lizalee/257438173 /
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2009
A simple poultice
This old remedy works wonderfully well at drawing out imbedded objects in the body.

Heat some milk to a temp that is comfortable when placed on the skin. Add lots of cayenne pepper. Add bread pieces big enough to cover the injury and let the mixture soak into the bread.

Cover the injury with a bread piece. After that piece has cooled, use another soaked bread piece.

Just do this a few times and in a couple of days, thorns, cactus spines, splinters, glass, whatever, pops right out. The poultice draws the foreign object right out!
|

replied December 21st, 2010
Is it possible for thistles to stay in your hands for months? These thistles seem to be deep in my skin and there's a very fine, very strong tentacle-like attachment to the seed which is dark and about the size of a small sesame seed. I'm experiencing deep aches and occasional sharp zaps of pain. Please help me identify what is embedded in my hands and help me get them out. I'm really tired of bandaids!
|