Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Had strange period, possibly pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
So I have heard of people getting there period and being pregnant but i just don't know about my situation. What do you think

My husband and i have now been ttc now for 3 months and my period was due sep. 20 and it came but it was really not a normal period for me. i usually get it in the middle of the night the day it is due and this time i didn't have anything on the 20 until late afternoon and it was really heavy then on the 21st it was really light and spotty and now today i have nothing again i don't want to waste a hpt but at the same time i don't know what to do i don't think i am pregnant but i am still getting hot flashes and feeling nauses hope you may be able help me to figure out what is up with my body??? in the mean time baby dust to all
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper young Girl
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you could have been expieriencing implantation bleeding!!!

good luck!
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
A heavy period means you are most likely not pregnant. The only way to be sure is to take a test.

Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I agree...with heavy bleeding, you are most likely not pregnant. Implantation spotting is not present in the majority of pregnancies, I think, and even then, it tends to be spotting (pink or brown) and not red flow. I did get spotting around the time my period was due, but that's all it was--spotting--just a couple drops on a pantyliner. You can test if you like, but it doesn't sound terribly likely to me.

It may be the stress of ttc is causing you to have strange periods. But if you think you may be pregnant, go ahead and test.

With my cycles, I always, always got nausea that would come on with AF and it would gradually worsen to severe nausea each cycle around ovulation; the increasing estrogen levels affected me that way without fail.
|