Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

I Had My Period Since I've Had Sex, Could I Still Be Preg?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
hey yall. im freaking out again. i had sex on august 4 and i got my period on like august 24(it was 2 days late) but on the first day i was late i took a pregnancy test and it was neg. so i was totally relieved. well now i havent had sex since august 4 and i havent started my period yet for this month (its 4 days late). even tho i got mine last month could i still be pregnant ????? HELP
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper helpmeoutannoyed
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well it might not have been your period

could have been spotting or implanation bleeding even

some women bleed throughtout their entire pregnancies like they are haveing a normal period

if you have been haveing unprotected sex then you could be pregnant
or maybe stress is just causing your period to be late?

stay calm and relax girl!!! dont get all stressed out ok?

have you been trying to get preg?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yes. On the 24th you could have had implantation bleeding, did it seem like a lighter shorter period than normal? Either way it wouldn't hurt to test if you feel worried about it. Did you use protection?
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: I Had My Period Since I've Had Sex, Could I Still Be Pre
meganbeth91 wrote:
hey yall. im freaking out again. i had sex on august 4 and i got my period on like august 24(it was 2 days late) but on the first day i was late i took a pregnancy test and it was neg. so i was totally relieved. well now i havent had sex since august 4 and i havent started my period yet for this month (its 4 days late). even tho i got mine last month could i still be pregnant ????? HELP

Your periods sound irregular. This can be common in a lot of women. I know I am generally 2-4 days late every month. Don't stress. You haven't had sex, it is highly unlikely you've had an immaculate conception. Wink
|

User Profile
i honestly think it was my period. it was 5 day long and looked just like my regular period.
|

Especially eHealthy
meganbeth91 wrote:
i honestly think it was my period. it was 5 day long and looked just like my regular period.

ok hun then your cycle is just messed up!!! young women dont always get their periods same time every month

if you dont want to get pregnant then why havent you gotten on BC?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2007
not yet i have an appointment for like october 6.
o and i got the dates wrong lol
i got my period the july 24 and i had sex august 1st
and then i got my period for that month on august 23.
i really dont think i am i just freak out like everytime my periods late (which seems to be a lot lol) but ever since then i havent had sex and im not planning on it to im on bc.

gosh i just needed some reassurence
|

Especially eHealthy
meganbeth91 wrote:
not yet i have an appointment for like october 6.
o and i got the dates wrong lol
i got my period the july 24 and i had sex august 1st
and then i got my period for that month on august 23.
i really dont think i am i just freak out like everytime my periods late (which seems to be a lot lol) but ever since then i havent had sex and im not planning on it to im on bc.

gosh i just needed some reassurence

its ok hun

just get on BC and stuff

your not pregnant!!! Wink
|

User Profile
thanks!!!!
ill tell ya if it comes lol
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2007
7 days late.....it still hasnt come Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
dont get stressed out ok? it will come...hopefully
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
its probably late because you're stressing out. you can either wait and see if your period comes or go and see your local doctor
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2007
well when i took the preg. test (the day i was late) would that have been to soon???? its had been 20 days since i had sex.....was that to soon???
|

Especially eHealthy
meganbeth91 wrote:
well when i took the preg. test (the day i was late) would that have been to soon???? its had been 20 days since i had sex.....was that to soon???

you need to wait another week or two

i think
just to get a clear result
|

User Profile
i mean since the last time lol since my last scare i havent done anything lol but do u think 20 days would give my and accurate reading???
|

User Profile
Supporter
nope sometime the hcg takes a while to increase in your system, although a very very small amount is always present thats why alot of women dont even know they are pregnant in the beginnin because few have those symptoms
|

Especially eHealthy
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
nope sometime the hcg takes a while to increase in your system, although a very very small amount is always present thats why alot of women dont even know they are pregnant in the beginnin because few have those symptoms

ilovemyfishies is right

sometimes you need to wait like i said wait a week or tw and retest

i had no clue i was preg until 8 weeks
i had no signs or symptoms at all
|

replied April 20th, 2012
question am I or am I not
12th of march I had sex we used a condom he did the withdrawal method aswell but the condom split I did a test 3 week later because I have ireggular periods and it came up negative then 2 week later I come on my period am I pregnant or not this is on my mind all time its annoying
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2012
Probably not, you could go to the drs an get a blood test for reassurance though
|

replied February 19th, 2014
help please..
i had my period last month like clock work. havent had sex since before period. i googled possable reason i may be pregnant.This came up true... sitting here tonight the day my next period is due, no bleeding but since last month ive have pain on both sides of stomach and ccramps, peeing and extreme nasaea and the hole i cant stand the smell of anything nasty. at this moment I have belly pain that is so tight and uncomfortable to sit. i guess at this point i would be 5 months.. im worried to wait could this be a misscarrge>. mother of three and i thought id have this down by now.
|

replied March 1st, 2014
Welcome to my world Smile
I hadn't had sex since 29th of December. And had a normal period in January which finished on the 11th. I haven't had sex since my last period.

Here I am 7 weeks later and 7 weeks pregnant. After only coming off the pill for 2 months due to my period getting a bit out of whack, I never expected to conceived. I used a condom and apparently it can take up to 6 months to conceive after coming off the pill.

This is my first pregnancy. I thought I was just getting menstrual cramps, because I generally get them really bad, but this was on another scale - other symptoms including bad migraines, peeing alot and feeling faint. After my period was 2 weeks late I took a test that came out positive and was at my GP's the next day. Due to the pain that I described she sent me to ED to get an ultrasound as she was worried it could be ectopic.

Thankfully this was not the case, however I do have what's called a Blighted Ovum. This is where the gestational sac grows and develops and as far as the body is aware is developing a foetus. However there is no yolk or foetal pole and I'll be miscarrying bub at about 12 weeks.

Long story short, yes you could be pregnant and yes you could be miscarrying. I had sex 2 weeks before my egg was fertilised and this was after a period.
However know that this may not be true, but due to your conditions - namely the pain - I wouldn't hesitate in trying to see your GP, or if the pain gets enough definitely duck down to Emergency to make sure you and your potential bub are okay.
|