Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Blood In Vagina while and after having sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hi, I had a question about my girlfriend...it's been about 2 weeks since she had her period, and we've had sex quite a bit in the past 2 weeks, but every time, there's a small trace of blood that can be seen inside and on me after we have sex. We've been sexually active for months now and this has never happened before. Does anyone know why this would happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Blood In Vagina
quincy_archer wrote:
Hi, I had a question about my girlfriend...it's been about 2 weeks since she had her period, and we've had sex quite a bit in the past 2 weeks, but every time, there's a small trace of blood that can be seen inside and on me after we have sex. We've been sexually active for months now and this has never happened before. Does anyone know why this would happen?

You may be bumping up against her cervix during sex. If her cervix is irritated, it may bleed.

Please have your girlfriend get a pap smear if she hasn't in the last year.
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well it could be from scratching or something. Bleeding during sex is fairly common because the vaginal wall tears really easily. Does she say it hurts at all? Use more lube.

She should mention it to her doc, though- especially if using lube doesn't help. bleeding during sex can be indicative of other more serious conditions.
|