Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Can Masturbation Reduce Odds of Pregnancy

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I know this is a really stupid question but here I go. Could masterbation a couple of hours before sex reduce my odds of making a woman pregnant. I am a 24 year old male, I should know this but I do not. Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
no

when you have sex with a woman you release sperm inside of her
as long as the sperm is able to fertilize the egg (no condomds,birthcontrol etc) then she could get pregnant
|

The person I am with is on birth control.
|

Especially eHealthy
dingo9882 wrote:
The person I am with is on birth control.

then shes protected from being able to get pregnant
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Here's a good link for you:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0930.ht ml
|

replied October 31st, 2012
you can still get pregnant if he masturbates first
no she can still get pregnant even with birth control. Birth control only protects a female from getting pregnant by percentage,for example the birth control pill has protection of "around" 99% while say the depoprovera shot,neuva ring,patch has a lower percentage and so on
|

replied November 1st, 2012
Community Volunteer
You do not understand the statistics. It is 99% active over a year time period, so one failure out of 13000 cycles. And the depo shot, IUDs and Implanon implant is even more effective, not less
|