Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back Hurts When I Inhale

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
the past few days i have been having bad back pain. i'm tall and skinny. i've always had a crappy back throughout my life. anyway this has been happening lately: whenever i inhale, my upper left back hurts really bad. it feels like it is located around my left scapula, to the right of it. i plan on seeing a chiro just because my back sucks, but this has been happening the past few days and i've got a tournament this weekend and i want to see if there's something i can do. i almost want someone to stand on that spot and push on it, something tells me that that would help it or make it feel better, but since i'm not an expert i decided that wasn't such a good idea. any help would be greatly appreciated, as this hurts real bad. thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
go buy some icy hot or theragesic creme
works WONDERS for me and i have horrible back pain due to pregnancy
|

replied September 21st, 2007
hm ok i will try that. does anyone know anything else as to why and what can fix it rather than just applying some cream that will only help the pain?
|

replied September 25th, 2007
does anyone know anything that can help me or explain to me what and why this is occuring?
|

replied September 25th, 2007
There could be many reasons why this is happening. You say you have a tournament, is it a sports tornament? You could have pulled some muscles. An ice pack for 15 minutes at a time can be helpful. Have you been ill lately? If you have, you really need to see a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You could have a subluxed rib or a somatic dysfunction of your thoracic spine. A very skilled chiropracter should be able to detect this for you, and hopefully get it back into place as well. Osteopathic physicians who do manipualtion therapy are an even better choice.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
Same.
This also happens to me, and the fact is, I'm only 13 years old.

This also occurs when moving my arm at certain positions.

I suspect that the problem is that I have pulled a muscle, and I think you have the same problem too.
But it's been a year, hope it's been sort out.
|

replied April 2nd, 2010
I have another question added to his
The same thing u wrote I have ....but I smoke weed a lot n drink....:can this be causing the pain ???OR IS IT JUST ADDING TO THE PAIN I HVE ON MY BACK????
|

replied April 2nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
one sure way to find out would be to ease of the weeds and drink and see if it goes away....pete
|