Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

What's Wrong With My Bowel Movements ?!

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
ever since I first started 7th grade my bowel movements have been weird. i never went to the doctor or anything cuz i figured it was just the way i was eating (probably pretty crappy at the time if i remember correctly). i was chubby, but not like FAT fat.

now i've just started my junior year in high school, and my bowel movements are still weird. it's getting annoying.

it's like, almost every time i go pee i feel like i have to "get rid of waste" if you know what i mean.

and sometimes i can't seem to get rid of all the waste, like it just won't all come out.

so like, i'll go before i leave to go to church or something.
then a lotta times, before the end of the night i'll have to crap again!

i know you're gonna tell me to go to the doctor and get it checked out, but i'm 16 and it'd be awkward to tell my mom.

i'll probably tell her soon, cuz what if it's cancer or something?!

but i just want your opinions first.

is there any tests i can do?! like not eat for a couple days and try to clean out my system and see what happens?!

sometimes my poop is big, and other times it's kinda small. when it's small it's like there are a few pieces of it. but it's never REALLY tiny. cuz i heard somewhere that 'pencil-like' stools are a sign of colon cancer or something like that.

but they're never that small.

what could it be?! maybe a food allergy or something?!

i think it could be because some days i go more than others.

here's what i remember though:
the night before this started happening to me, i remember i was watching a tv show, and had to go poop but didn't want to miss the tv show (an hbo show with no commercials) so i remember holding it for a while. it was an hour long tv show. so i don't know if i holded it for an hour, or what?? it was too long ago for me to remember...

but then the day after i did that i started having weird bowel issues.

what could be wrong?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Every person has different bowel habits and normal bowel movements may vary in consistency and frequency. There is no rule for frequency of bowel movements, but the acceptable range is from 3 times a day to 3 times a week. A bowel movement should be soft and easy to pass, though some people may have harder or softer stools than others. I really don't think you're having weird bowel movements. Small pieces stool and feeling of incomplete defecation is probably due to your eating habits. You should bring some changes in your nutrition. Start your day with fruit and continue to eat fruit till lunch time. Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Combine your lunch with a big plate of salad and don't eat heavy meals at night(avoid food 2-3 hours before sleep)
Practice this and you'll notice a good changes!
From the things you've mentioned I'm pretty sure you don't have colon cancer(constipation, thin stool, stomach cramps, bright red blood in stool, unexplained weight loss, sense of fullness, nausea and vomiting, gas and bloating, feeling extremely tired due to anemia are some of the colon cancer symptoms)
Avoid delay of defecation when there is a urge, because this can lead you to constipation.
If you worry to much, tell your mum and visit a doctor. There is no shame for health issues.
Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied May 10th, 2011
THE PAST 2 MONTHS MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE SMALL PIECES FORMED INTO A SOLID PIECE. IS THIS A SERIOUS PROBLEM?
|

replied May 10th, 2011
THE PAST 2 MONTHS MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE SMALL PIECES FORMED INTO A SOLID PIECE. IS THIS A SERIOUS PROBLEM?
|

replied May 10th, 2011
|