Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Sick After Sex! Why?? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
No non-embarassing way around this one. Why do I occasionally feel sick after having sex? I know it's not an STI as I am married, but sometimes after sex I just feel like I'm going to vomit. It's usually anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes after. We are both healthy, so I'm clueless on this one. It doesn't happen everytime, but once in a while. Anyway to eleviate the nausea other than motion sickness tabs? Is this common? Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AllieGirl77
|

replied September 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
do you get up right after sex? why dont you try laying down a while after you have intercourse?
|

Sick...
I usually do get up right after. We don't usually have alot of time (any few minutes we can squeeze in when the kids aren't around), so I don't really have the time to lay for a while...but I'm gonna try. Is this a common ailment? Or is it just me?
|

replied August 22nd, 2011
it happens to me often
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Sick...
AllieGirl77 wrote:
I usually do get up right after. We don't usually have alot of time (any few minutes we can squeeze in when the kids aren't around), so I don't really have the time to lay for a while...but I'm gonna try. Is this a common ailment? Or is it just me?

well i know sometimes i get lightheaded...but never nautious

i hope you feel better Very Happy
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I know exactly how you feel! And i mean EXACTLY! I get the same way. And i don't think its cause you stand up, or it would happen all the time. I don't get up ever right after. I lay for about, well a long time haha. But i get very sick to my stomach! So if anyone has any other advice for both of us that would be great cause it really is a bad feeling.
|

Especially eHealthy
lol i dont really know but it must suck!!!

have you guys been to a doctor?!
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2007
Experienced User
I haven't. I'm not sure if the other poster stated it or if i did... but i only get like that once or twice a month. (and we prolly have intercourse at least 4 times a week).
|

Especially eHealthy
Keeba88 wrote:
I haven't. I'm not sure if the other poster stated it or if i did... but i only get like that once or twice a month. (and we prolly have intercourse at least 4 times a week).

well i suggest going to the doctor about it bwecause you shouldnt feel that way
its not good to feel like your going to pass out or anything

i would be hecka scared
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hehehe motion sickness.....

Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
Georgia59 wrote:
Hehehe motion sickness.....

Very Happy

lol i almost said the same thing...except i knew id get stoned on here for saying that lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Re: Sick After Sex! Why??
AllieGirl77 wrote:

Anyway to eleviate the nausea other than motion sickness tabs?

She said it first. Wink
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2007
Experienced User
hmm i looked at this forum cuz i thought it would tell me anything about what happened to me. I had sex (well not really sex i guess) and then like two hours later i started getting a stuffy nose and sneezing alot and im barely getting over it after almost a week. i thought that was weird since i hardly ever get sick. i thought it had something to do with the sex but i thought that was kinda weird. my bf said he wasn't sick at the time...but his little brother was. no idea how he coulda got me sick though. any ideas?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Honestly, I'd bet it was just a coincidence. You can get sick feeling from sex, but unless he had the cold virus and passed it to you during sex, you probably caught it elsewhere.
or perhaps he was just a carrier of some kind've virus and passed it to you.
|

Especially eHealthy
It usually takes longer than 2 hours to get sick from a cold virus ~ so even if he passed it to you during sex, it wouldn't have affected you right away.

It sounds like maybe you touched something the brother touched or something maybe at some point earlier in the day or the day before.

Colds come from so many places. Germs on door handles. Germs in the air. On the bus. In a classroom. At work. There is honestly no telling where you could have gotten them from.

Keep your hands washed Smile Hope you feel better soon.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
well even if it was from him it doesn't really worry anymore. lots of people at school are sick right now so it's probably just a thing that's going around right now. no biggie. i didn't think it had anything to do with the sex though...more like through the extreme makeout part. had i not been so into the moment, i woulda thought it was a bit gross, what with saliva all over our face and all. but anyway, im feeling alot better =] I started being able to breath through my nose yesterday and now i just have a slightly raspy voice but it's all good.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Take your vitamins!! Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Georgia59 wrote:
Take your vitamins!! Smile

this made me miss my gummy bear vitamins Sad
they were awesome =]
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yum Smile
|

replied October 7th, 2007
I Also Feel Sick to Stomach After Sex
What is going on? I feel soooo sick after sex and not for just a bit...like all day! I do have endometriosis, but never heard of this being related.....sounds like a Dr. visit must be in my near future!
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have the same nauseous feeling sometimes after sex. I am not sure what causes it...at first it really made me worried, but after the first couple times I just dismissed it...but it is odd....hmmm!
|
Quick Reply