Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Teeth Protruding

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi, I have been having problems with my teeth since I was 24 and now I'm 28.
I had teeth that protruded the top front teeth, therefore I went through having them changed to veneers. However this didn't make any difference, so at the end they were changed to crowns.
This still didn't make any difference as when I laughed, the top teeth would stick out of the lip, like goofy teeth.

I soon had 3 years of orthondontics treatment, and had a brace.

My orthodontist took my brace off and said that my crowns needed replacing.

I have now restored those crowns to new ones and they still protrude???

I don't understand why as I have had Braces and they maintain the correct position.

I noticed when my old crowns were removed that the remaining original tooth, was in a quite forward position. Would this be the case why no matter what I have done, hasn't made any difference?

I am seriously thinking of having the front 2 teeth as dentures, so they will be as far back possible, without having to be like a crown fitting on a old tooth...in a forward position.

I really cannot live with my teeth like this, they really look alwful..and have lost all my confidence. I was really excited having my new crowns because i felt after braces they wouldn't protrude. Obvioulsy, I am very dissapointed and even more depressed now.

Please advise me on what I could do to get them further back, mainly concerned about the front 2 teeth. would dentures work?

Pete
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Teeth Protruding
pete28 wrote:
I had teeth that protruded the top front teeth, therefore I went through having them changed to veneers. However this didn't make any difference, so at the end they were changed to crowns.
This still didn't make any difference as when I laughed, the top teeth would stick out of the lip, like goofy teeth.

I don't understand why as I have had Braces and they maintain the correct position.

I noticed when my old crowns were removed that the remaining original tooth, was in a quite forward position. Would this be the case why no matter what I have done, hasn't made any difference?

I am seriously thinking of having the front 2 teeth as dentures, so they will be as far back possible, without having to be like a crown fitting on a old tooth...in a forward position.

I really cannot live with my teeth like this, they really look alwful..and have lost all my confidence. I was really excited having my new crowns because i felt after braces they wouldn't protrude. Obvioulsy, I am very dissapointed and even more depressed now.

Please advise me on what I could do to get them further back, mainly concerned about the front 2 teeth. would dentures work?

Pete

sounds like you need to change dentists. dentures would work but wouldnt you rather have your own teeth?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Hi Pete, I aggree you should find another dentist, do you not have a cosmetic dentist in your area? THey would be listed in hte yellow pages. From what you stated, when the crowns were removed and all that was left were the front post, seems to me anything that would be attached to those post (if crooked), would cause anything else to protrude. I'd give anything for veneers! Find a good cosmetic dentist instead of regular dentist. Good luck to you. OH....and for the record, you have to get over this vanity thing, I bet you are a nice looking young man, at least you have good health, a good set of teeth and money to take care of the things you aren't happy with.....There are people in this world such as ME who see people for who they are, not what they look like! Laughing
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Teeth Protruding
dyanmatteson wrote:
pete28 wrote:

Pete

sounds like you need to change dentists. dentures would work but wouldnt you rather have your own teeth?

or even implants?
|

replied September 23rd, 2007
Here is a link to my pictures of my teeth. http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/lo stinreality28/

Everyone I know has been telling me the front teeth look normal and do not protrude and it's all in my head Crying or Very sad I don't know anymore, I can't look in the mirror with confidence. I'm really self conscious about them now. Sad
|

User Profile
Supporter
Are You Bonkers?
Pete, you really must be out of your incredibly mind..............you have a beautiful set of teeth, that I for one would give almost anything to have. Your front teeth DO NOT BUCK out....they are angled but not to any degree that they take aawy from your looks. Get the hell over it dude, YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL smile and set of teeth................Go find something else to nit pick about. Its sure AINT" GONNA BE ABOUT YOUR TEETH> Great pictures..................HUGS! Laughing
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
What?
Pete....Dam man, I looked at those pictures and thought they looked like movie star teeth. Not only do they not protrude, but they are beautiful. Very Happy

Stay with what you've got because I think most men would take those choppers. If you can get over being self conscious about them, you will see them the way others do. I don't even know you, but you do have a great smile. Very Happy

Believe it.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Lonestarguy
Maybe the two of us should PM him and wake his ass up...............I wish I had those teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the same encouragement!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Love Ya
I love ya Fairy*Godmother. We must be about the same age and we know good teeth when we see them!! Laughing Laughing
|

Thankyou so much for the replies Fairy*Godmother and lonestar guy Smile

I really appreciate the support, it means alot.

I think my head is just really messed up due to events in the past, so I worry alot about things and get anxious about the very small things.

Hopefully, I will get used to the new set of teeth and be able to pickback my confidence I once had. I'm just so afraid of past events occurring again in my life...such words like Goofy...really had damaged me and scare the hell out of me. So when I look in the mirror I just get really concious about them..i dunno it's just hard to believe they do not protrude anymore Cool

Once again, Thank you for your encouragement. You have really boosted my confidence Wink HUGS Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yeah i have to agree---your teeth are gorgeous!
|