Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lower Right Chest Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've got an odd sort of acute pain in my lower right chest. It's right beneath the breast, and it feels as if the rib itself is in pain, or perhaps the connective tissue. It's an acute pain as I mentioned, and noticeable mostly in the second half of the day, which I attribute to strain perhaps.

It honestly feels like a pulled or sore muscle. It's on the right side which is why I'm not concerned. This is actually the second "episode". I had this happen last week for the first time, near the weekend I believe. It came on suddenly one afternoon. It lasted that day but I believe it went away for bed time, then returned the next day, then faded. I hadn't noticed it for a few days and now suddenly it's back.

I can take fairly normal breaths without feeling too much pain. I did have an odd - though I think unrelated - episode this morning for about thirty seconds where the left side of my chest hurt in about the same area. That was far more severe and did restrict breathing until I macho-ed through the pain. It went away very quickly.

Inhaling deeply OR exhaling deeply aggravates it. Certain positions make inhaling more painful, like curled up positions. Stretched out positions seem to help, further suggesting to me it's some kind of muscle or tissue damage.

There is NO tenderness at the site. Rubbing my rib and the surrounding area hurts no more than poking any of my other ribs.

And of course, now that I'm typing this, it's going away for the night Razz I'm serious. In the time it took to fully write this post and check it for errors and add things, the pain is gone.

Frustrating! A good friend suggested it was indeed muscle pain the first time it occurred last week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
so is it like a sharp pain?!
|

Especially eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
so is it like a sharp pain?!

Oh yeah, like something is trying to claw its way out through my one single rib! Fantastic, right? Rolling Eyes Or very much like a knife.
|

Especially eHealthy
owww

have you been exersizing lately or something?
|

replied September 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
owww

have you been exersizing lately or something?

Nope XD My friend suggested it could be strain caused by laughing too much Razz
|