Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

pressure on anus, Hemmoroids, lower abdominal pain ....

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello, I'm new here and am typing this on behalf of my wife. This has been going on for quite a while.

Let me preface by saying over the last 14-15 months she's had a colonoscopy, berrium enema, stomach ultrasound. These symptoms still exist and she is VERY frustrated. We have an appointment next Tuesday with a new doctor.

Every morning before work approx. 5am est she has the urge to poop, but can only go a little bit. This feeling lasts throughout the day. She tells me she has like a pressure on her butt that she feels like she has to go but can't completely evacuate. She does have some Hemmoroids also. Sometimes experiences lower abdominal pain but not a constant one.

We're trying, Miralax, fiber pills, acidipholous, and she drinks alot of water. This sounds like constipation to me but nothing seems to be helping her.

Any advice? Thoughts? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper db25
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
recently had endoscopy and colonoscopy....what type of diet does your wife eat? Is she eating a high fiber (cereal) for breakfast with a fruit? Does lunch consist of maybe skinless grilled chicken in a salad and supper another low fat high fiber meal? I had to change the entire way of eating. I also had to add the benefiber to a few things I ate to get myself regulated. She could very well have a lazy Sphinxter muscle as well. I'm not a doctor, but have been going to a gastro Dr for the past year. Maybe take a stool softener to keep the hemorrohoids in check. They can be a real pain in hte A$$. A lot of people suggested the colon cleanse, but I was told my A$$ says EXIT only, and this was not healthy. Has she considered a gentle laxative to maybe get things going on through?
|

Re: Hi
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
recently had endoscopy and colonoscopy....what type of diet does your wife eat? Is she eating a high fiber (cereal) for breakfast with a fruit? Does lunch consist of maybe skinless grilled chicken in a salad and supper another low fat high fiber meal? I had to change the entire way of eating. I also had to add the benefiber to a few things I ate to get myself regulated. She could very well have a lazy Sphinxter muscle as well. I'm not a doctor, but have been going to a gastro Dr for the past year. Maybe take a stool softener to keep the hemorrohoids in check. They can be a real pain in hte A$$. A lot of people suggested the colon cleanse, but I was told my A$$ says EXIT only, and this was not healthy. Has she considered a gentle laxative to maybe get things going on through?

Thanks for the reply. She eats oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, usally something healthy for Lunch and Dinner although not always healthy. Haven't tried the stool softeners or Laxative's. I'm not familiar with the Sphinxter muscle....what's that?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Its the muscle that contracts or loosens so that you can Poop. Sometimes it can have spasms...I know it sounds stupid, but body parts are unpredictable! I like the Walmart womens gentle brand laxative and also the generic COLACE stool softerner. Works like a charm!
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Advice Needed, What Does This Sound Like?
db25 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here and am typing this on behalf of my wife. This has been going on for quite a while.

Let me preface by saying over the last 14-15 months she's had a colonoscopy, berrium enema, stomach ultrasound. These symptoms still exist and she is VERY frustrated. We have an appointment next Tuesday with a new doctor.

Every morning before work approx. 5am est she has the urge to poop, but can only go a little bit. This feeling lasts throughout the day. She tells me she has like a pressure on her butt that she feels like she has to go but can't completely evacuate. She does have some Hemmoroids also. Sometimes experiences lower abdominal pain but not a constant one.

We're trying, Miralax, fiber pills, acidipholous, and she drinks alot of water. This sounds like constipation to me but nothing seems to be helping her.

Any advice? Thoughts? Thanks

Is your wife taking any kind of antibiotics? If she is chances are that is what is causing her constipation. Another suggestion is that you have your wife eat the fruit from breakfast a couple of hours later. The reason being is that the digestion of fruit is better done on an empty stomach and not combined with other foods. Also is she drinking enough water throughout the day. She may need an increase in fluids. Another option is to drink a senna tea just after breakfast to help move things along - but only every couple of days - not everyday. Just until she becomes regular. Keep us posted on her progress.
|

replied April 28th, 2008
Same problem with 14 yr old son
Hi,
My 14 yr old son has the same symptoms.. low abd pain with pooping and never feeling done, sits on toilet for a long time and only a bit comes out then 10 min. later a bit more but never feels completely done. Says he feels like he could go anytime through out the day...hemmoroids as well. It all started after a bad stomach virus on a trip to Germany 9 months ago. Tried probiotics, anti inflammatories, immodium, laxatives, high fiber diet, lactose free diet....Colonoscopy showed nothing. We are getting frustrated as well. Anyone out there with some ideas?
|

replied May 23rd, 2008
google search on Levator ani syndrome and pelvic floor myalgia
I have been dealing with these symptoms for quite awhile and had all the tests, with everything coming up negative. It was an ob/gyn who finally discovered that the muscles of my pelvic floor were in a constant state of spasm. This can cause pain and/or pressure in vagina, anus, low back - pretty much anywhere between your belly button to the bottom of your buttocks. You must find a doctor who specializes in treating pelvic pain because many doctors do not look for these functional disorders, nor do they know how to treat them. So it is very important to ask the physician if they are familiar with levator ani syndrome and pelvic floor myalgia and if they are familiar with the treatments. The bad thing is they can be very difficult to treat because you are unconsciously tightening your pelvic floor muscles. It is a reaction to stress and can also be a reaction to an underlying problem. For example: woman who has endometriosis that has not been discovered, doctor finds it, treats the problem but in the meantime, the woman continually tightens her pelvic muscles against the pain or pressure. So the doctor may fix the endometriosis problem but now the body has learned to tighten muscles all the time -- so now it has to be unlearned.

The condition can become chronic and can cause severe pain. The earlier it is caught, the better. There are many types of treatment for it -- it is basically getting the body to stop tightening the muscles. It usually takes several things to get it stopped - internal massage, biofeedback, medications, heat, counseling, etc. If it has gone on for a long time, it can take twice as long to stop. I urge you to find treatment as soon as possible. And men/teenage boys can and do get this syndrome because they also have pelvic muscles - it is called something else but if you do the search, you will find what it is called in males.

Hope this information helps. Good luck to you, I'm in my third year of treatment and still fighting to stop myself from tightening.

tbmj
|
Users who thank tbmj for this post: PAYTHEPIPER 

replied September 22nd, 2011
TBMJ, GREAT ADVICE! EXACTLY WHAT IT IS I WAS GIVEN ADVICE YEARS AGO TO USE THE MUSCLE THERE TO CONTROL EJACULATION AND NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE HAD SO MANY CRAMPS SINCE I STARTED...I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED AN INJURY TO THAT AREA TO TOP IT ALL OFF BUT YOUR COMMENT IS ON THE MONEY! i feel instant relief when relaxing my "grundle" muscle.

its all about controlling the muscles there i have had issues since i was a teenager! last night i was overly scrutinized in the e.r. for requesting pain medication because the dumb nurse couldnt diagnose my problem...you comment totally consolidated my belief that tightening that muscle has been causing my problems... now if i could only tie a rope around my finger and remember to keep it normally functional inducing rehab..! this has been causing severe lower back pain knee pain and numbness in my legs, i also get dizzy and weak occassionally an have noticed stress can cause it to become tense, looks like ill have to enact some type of therapy many thanks to TBMJ!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Y.O. MALE, FL.
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2010
What is lower abdominal pain?
i am four weeks pregnant. Last 4 days i''ve been having some lower abdominal pain which is minimal in strength but can be stronger at other times. is this normal for early pregnancy? and am discharge also.
|

replied October 23rd, 2010
bowel pressure
My son has pressure between his testicles and his anus, especially when he lays down at night. His stools feel constricted- like toothpaste from a tube. He has been sent to a urologist and is being tested for interstitial cystitis but this doesn't feel like the right diagnoses as he has no pain. Help!!!!
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Hello, I've experienced the same exact symptoms as your son recently - was hoping you could share what you found out - the classification, causes, the treatment/cure, etc. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.
|

replied February 13th, 2011
Same symptoms for me. Difference is that I'm 76 years old, so every part of my body is slowly wearing out. I feel like I have to "go" most of the day, which prevents me from enjoying even the simplest things like going to the market or out to dinner.
I do have adhesions from previous surgeries many years ago, and I'm hoping that that is the reason for this constant pressure and gas. On Wednesday Feb 16, I'll be having a colonoscopy, and will try to get back here with some sort of diagnosis. I hope it's not a terminal one!
|

ITCHY ANUS BLOATING PAIN GAGGING AND LACKING BOWEL MOVEMENT.
TBMJ, GREAT ADVICE! EXACTLY WHAT IT IS I WAS GIVEN ADVICE YEARS AGO TO USE THE MUSCLE THERE TO CONTROL EJACULATION AND NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE HAD SO MANY CRAMPS SINCE I STARTED...I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED AN INJURY TO THAT AREA TO TOP IT ALL OFF BUT YOUR COMMENT IS ON THE MONEY!
|

TBMJ, GREAT ADVICE! EXACTLY WHAT IT IS I WAS GIVEN ADVICE YEARS AGO TO USE THE MUSCLE THERE TO CONTROL EJACULATION AND NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE HAD SO MANY CRAMPS SINCE I STARTED...I HAVE ALSO SUFFERED AN INJURY TO THAT AREA TO TOP IT ALL OFF BUT YOUR COMMENT IS ON THE MONEY!
|

i feel instant relief when relaxing my "grundle" muscle.

its all about controlling the muscles there i have had issues since i was a teenager! last night i was overly scrutinized in the e.r. for requesting pain medication because the dumb nurse couldnt diagnose my problem...you comment totally consolidated my belief that tightening that muscle has been causing my problems... now if i could only tie a rope around my finger and remember to keep it normally functional inducing rehab..! this has been causing severe lower back pain knee pain and numbness in my legs, i also get dizzy and weak occassionally an have noticed stress can cause it to become tense, looks like ill have to enact some type of therapy many thanks to TBMJ!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Y.O. MALE, FL.
|

replied March 11th, 2012
Same problem
Hello..

I've been having the same problems but mine is a bit different..

every time I go to school I feel like I need to poop.. so i have to leave early bec. I really do not want to do it in school..
But when I get home nothing comes out and the urge to poop feeling disappears.. but when I go back to school it's there again..

really frustrating..

any help?

its almost 2 weeks now..

doctor said its only constipation but I know its not..
|

replied October 18th, 2012
wat cost this and wat i can use to help it
HI
I am a 25 year old girl i have been feeling all these type off pains that you all talking about and stool problems for the pass two and a half months now and im getting sick off it bad because if i should do bowel movements i ofto wait on til like three to four days pass before i can do so.and when it do come im afraid to do so why because im wondering if my ass going to bleed, hurt me and swollen, it also itch and pain me like for the hold day after i do bowel movement this is wat have been happening to me and sometime i have belly pain every sharp one.
|