Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Hair Straightner. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
has anyone ever heard of the maxi glide straighter? i just saw a commercial about it and it thought about buying it.im currently using a chi flat iron. but i don't know if i should buy it.what do you think.and what hair straightener do you guys use?

http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/product.php?ca t=21
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Hair Straightner.
ANGELOS MAMA wrote:
has anyone ever heard of the maxi glide straighter? i just saw a commercial about it and it thought about buying it.im currently using a chi flat iron. but i don't know if i should buy it.what do you think.and what hair straightener do you guys use?

http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/product.php?ca t=21

i use a chi
|

Especially eHealthy
i love my chi and have no reason to try anything else.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I just got my chi a few months ago, and I really like it, but my hair is stupid Sad one side of my hair likes to flip back even after I straighten it over and over, I dunno what to do :/
|

Especially eHealthy
i need a chi.. i cant find a good one anywhere. I still use my crappy metal plate one that takes forever and a daaaaaaaaaay to heat up and even longer to straighten.
Evil or Very Mad
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i use a chi.
|

Experienced User
rainfire1424 wrote:
i need a chi.. i cant find a good one anywhere. I still use my crappy metal plate one that takes forever and a daaaaaaaaaay to heat up and even longer to straighten.
Evil or Very Mad

most hair dressers should have them... well they do here anyways

i have 2 because i used my first one so much that it barely works now lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I have a pink chi!!
and it's my favorite thing in the world
=)
|

Especially eHealthy
ha i just bid on a pink one on Ebay lol
|

Especially eHealthy
ive got a chi Smile
they are the best
|

Extremely eHealthy
What's a chi, and why are they so great????? I'm very curious. DH bought me a new straightener awhile back and it works alright. what am I missing?
|

Especially eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
What's a chi, and why are they so great????? I'm very curious. DH bought me a new straightener awhile back and it works alright. what am I missing?

never herd of a chi?!? they are the best straighteners out there
and they are alot healthier for your hair than a reg. hair flat iron which can really damage your hair after a while

they come in all kinds and all colors

mine has interchangeable plates
some are just plain ceramic

and they work GREAT
you dont have to go over the same area of your hair a bazillion times to get it straight
|

Extremely eHealthy
I've heard of them before, but don't know anything about them. Mine works fine. It's got the ceramic plates.....it was only like $23 at wal-mart (I think)

I don't have a ton of time to wait for my hair to dry (I can't use a hair dryer) so I only have time to jump in and out of the shower and throw my hair into a ponytail and go on my way.
|

Especially eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
I don't have a ton of time to wait for my hair to dry (I can't use a hair dryer) so I only have time to jump in and out of the shower and throw my hair into a ponytail and go on my way.

thats what i *always* do.. and since my hair is curly, i regret it every single time. When i take it down, its all knots.
|

Especially eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
I've heard of them before, but don't know anything about them. Mine works fine. It's got the ceramic plates.....it was only like $23 at wal-mart (I think)

they have a chi that you can use while your hair is damp!!!!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chi_Flat_Iron
|

Extremely eHealthy
Eh.....I don't care how good any iron is, you shouldn't use it on wet hair. I sure wouldn't. My moms cousin owns her own salon, and she said that was a big no no, cuz the one I have is meant for wet hair too...and I was telling her about it.

My hair is so thick and curly, I just don't want to deal with it so the pony tail is a lifesaver for me
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, the one I had before this was called "wet 2 style" or something like that, so it had levels you could put it on incase you used it on your wet hair, and it seriously sounded like it was frying my hair, it wasn't a pleasant sound, I only did that a few times.

I need to get my hair cut sooo bad, I feel so ugly right now because of it lol I've been doing the SAME hair style for like a month now, pulling the middle part back, and clipping it and letting the rest go loose. Im tired of doing the same thing.
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
Yeah, the one I had before this was called "wet 2 style" or something like that, so it had levels you could put it on incase you used it on your wet hair, and it seriously sounded like it was frying my hair, it wasn't a pleasant sound, I only did that a few times.

I need to get my hair cut sooo bad, I feel so ugly right now because of it lol I've been doing the SAME hair style for like a month now, pulling the middle part back, and clipping it and letting the rest go loose. Im tired of doing the same thing.

do you miss haveing long hair terra?
|

Especially eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
hopefulmjz wrote:

thats what i *always* do.. and since my hair is curly, i regret it every single time. When i take it down, its all knots.

lol
my hair has been died so many times i have to go to the salon to get it treated once every two weeks to restore it
since ive been preg its been so much better because i havent died it so im starting to get the natural color back...but as soon as krissy is born i intend on dying it again Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
rainfire1424 wrote:
hopefulmjz wrote:

lol
my hair has been died so many times i have to go to the salon to get it treated once every two weeks to restore it
since ive been preg its been so much better because i havent died it so im starting to get the natural color back...but as soon as krissy is born i intend on dying it again Very Happy

omg me too!

ive been dying my hair since i 14 lol i seriously cannot remember what my natural color looks like.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply