Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Painful breasts after an abortion.

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
After having an abortion is it normal for your breasts to become very full and very painful and hard?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mabel
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How far along were you? I'm wondering if it might might be something to do with breast milk? If you were quite far along then perhaps your breasts had begun to produce milk and now they're settling down. That's just a guess! Smile

Otherwise, I would say it's probably just an hormonal thing. Sore breasts are a common PMS and pregnancy symptom so it could be that your hormones are all out of whack and just need time to settle.
|

replied September 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Painful Breasts After An Abortion.
angie03red wrote:
After having an abortion is it normal for your breasts to become very full and very painful and hard?

How many weeks were you when you had your abortion and how long has it been since then?

The simple answer is that it is your hormones. You are not making milk unless it was quite late in the pregnancy 6+ months and I doubt you were that far along.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
i was at 23 weeks and got an abortion, but this was only a week ago, not even. and they seem to hurt more to any kind of touch. includng a bra. my appointment isn't for another week, and i want to know if it's all normal.
|
Quick Reply