Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

cough so hard that I can't breath and throwing up after that

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Ok, I've been sick since early July or late June, can't remember which.
When I first got sick I would cough so hard that I couldn't breath and would literally start to suffocate and I would throw up when ever I coughed. It isn't as bad as it was but it hasn't improved at all over the past month, I still cough and I can't run or do anything strenuous or even laugh to hard with out coughing to the point where I throw up. It feels like my throat closes up when I start coughing like that, I have been diagnosed twice, once with Bronchial spasms and the other time with Bronchitis. Neither of the treatments did anything. The Bronchitis medicine helped for a little while but didn't cure it. I have a difficult time swallowing and my lymph nodes are about two and a half times their normal size.
I'm not sure what it is and I can't afford to go to the hospital because I don't have a job and I don't want to put my boyfriend in debt with the bills.
The medicines that have helped is Bronchitis medicine, and cough medicine with codeine. Other medication I've taken is an inhaler and breathalizer which seemed to make it worse.
There was mold in the house very bad which gave my sister pneumonia and asthma, I think that it might of been something with the environment because my boyfriend when he visited me in NC got sick but when we moved to VA, no one else got sick from us and his sickness was very mild. Every one else in my house got sick with it but I got it the worse and just am not getting better, but even after leaving NC I've not gotten any better.
Does any one know what the world is wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
I'm sure that your problems are caused by mold. Molds are producing toxins,substances entering our body through airways, skin and mucous, affecting the immune system and damaging everyday processes of the body. Many symptoms can be caused and related to all organs in the body, but every person exposed to mold is experiencing only a few and unique symptoms.
Coughing, vomiting mucous,shortness in breath, swollen throat and swollen lymph nodes, difficulty swallowing are symptoms that can be caused by mold. I'll mention other symptoms,too. Maybe, you can recognize some for yourself:
sneezing, sinusitis,burning in the throat and lung, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pains,headaches, chronic fatigue, hair loss, joint and muscle stiffness and pain, anxiety and depression, vision problems.
Any excessive mold growth can lead to increased allergies and toxicity. Much of these symptoms will deplete after vacating the building. Once the patient has become hypersensitive to the mold in their environment, they have also become overly reactive to all molds in their life including those they breathe elsewhere, those they eat and those that may be colonizing their tissues. Relief of symptoms can only come with a significant reduction in exposure including a mold free diet, avoidance of mold-ridden environments and treatment of mold colonization. Once there is significant colonization, the symptoms continue even after the patient leaves the moldy workplace or home where the high exposures occurred.
Diet, nutrition, and medical assistance are extremely important. You can ask your doctor to have blood test done for specific IgG antibody levels to molds because this test is helpful in supporting the diagnosis.
The usual therapy is based on avoidance. The contaminated environment must be avoid, a mold-free diet is very helpful, and colonization must be eliminated by the appropriate use of antifungals.
Hope I helped!
Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?