Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

bad head cold, chest hurts, shortness of breathe Bronchitis?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I had a bad head cold for a couple of days now my chest hurts with an occasional shortness of breathe do you think its bronchitis? I have had bronchitis before but i had more of a cough. My throat does hurt a little bit..feels sore. What do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Infections need to be tested. What steps have you taken?
|

replied October 6th, 2009
SORRY I HAVE NO ANSWER , BUT SIMILAR SYMPTOMS

I dont know, this sounds just like my symptoms. my head cold hit me about 2 days ago, and i had a clear mucus evertime i sneezed, and i sneezed alot. then that first night i just spit up phlegm, and sneezed out mucus, until the point where i only got 3 hours of sleep. this may of however, been my fault because i took nyquil at about 6Surprisedo pm, and fell asleep until 9Surprisedo pm. then i felt as if i was drowsy, but my symptoms of my cold felt as if they got worse. like i said i slept for about three hours only, and all of the next day i was congested, my ears were clogged and my head felt heavy. i also was sneezing constantly, running nose, and i had yellow mucus coming out now. last night, i nyquil again, but around 8:00, more closer to my bedtime. before that i was sneezing up yellow to dark mucus, which turned into green mucus. i slept much better last nicvht, although when i woke up around 2Surprisedo a.m. my throat felt very sore and dry, i manage, to get back to sleep. then this morning as i woke up i felt drowsy again(i know this is from the nyquil), i also felt congested and my head felt a little heavy. while getting my kids ready for school i sneezed out a huge amount of mucus, that was yellow to green in color. then after when i sneezed or blew my nose the mucust seemed be clear in color. after returning from taking my kids to school, i blew my nose again, and once again the mucus seems to be yellow in color. but now everytime, i cough the middle of my chest really hurts. and its not even like i was really coughing throughout this whole sickness. i would like to know is this changing into a very bad chest cold now, and should i continue to wait it out, because it is just a head cold(common cold), or should i visit the doctor. i am also do to have a minor surgery, in where i may have to get general anestetics. i dont know if the cold is just running its natural course, and if at all possible i would like to avoid the doctors office, because i will have to be at my dentist office next week for surgery. but better safe than sorry. what do you think?
|