Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Swollen Wrists, fingers, Ankles And Severe Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
MY SYMPTOMS STARTED IN BOTH MY WRISTS GETTING SWOLLEN, THEN FINGERS, DOWN TO BOTH ANKLES AND NOW MY RIGHT KNEE HURTS AND IS SWOLLEN. I CAN'T MAKE A FIST, OR BEND MY HANDS BACK, THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE. AND I STARTED DRINKING HARD LIQUOR JUST TO RELIEVE THE PAIN. I WAS TAKING 800 MG IBUPROFIN 3-4 TIMES A DAY BUT DOESNT HELP. I HAVEN'T SEEN A DR. FOR THIS CUZ I HAVE NO INSURANCE AND DO NOT QUALIFY FOR MediCal. I DID USE THE COMPUTER DAILY BUT SINCE THESE SYMPTOMS STARTED ABOUT A MONTH AGO, I HAVE TO ASK MY 10 YR OLD TO HELP ME WITH THE TYPING. I'VE ALSO BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH SEVERE
DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY 3 YEARS AGO, BUT HAVEN'T
SEEN A PSYCIATRIST SINCE I LOST MY JOB WITH
BENEFITS. AND THE DEPRESSION AND PANICS ATTACKS
ARE FREQUENT AGAIN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE? ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE
WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Genoa
|

replied September 1st, 2009
My mother uses a safe product called tumeric which is a spice used often in east indian food. She is 79 this month and claims that it helps to reduce and eliminate most of her pain from arthritis. Just a pinch at the end of a teaspoon does it.
I've used a homeopathic product called Streptococcinum. It works really slick. I remember becoming aware of how my hands stopped hurting in the middle of the night after taking it in late afternoon. I like no pain!
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
Finding Ways To Help Depression & Pain
What a hard time you''ve had of it, I wonder if you might find assistance with a counselor at your local hospital for your depression, which is often made worse by the wrong medications & drink. My sister suffered from sore wrists & hands, too & her physiotherapist recommended these thermomedic gloves which have stop her pain as she works on a computer for her job most of the day. She was lucky enough to find them before she had surgery.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
You poor thing! I have the same symptoms as you....
You poor thing! I have all the same symptoms and I have been diagnosed as having Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. RA will be causing your anxiety and depression. I have that too. You need to have a steroid injection. This will help enormously. Also, Ibruprofen/Paracetamol will help a little. I'm on other injections, Methatrexate and Humira but I'm afraid they're expensive. I know it's against the law but apparently weed can be a help with this condition too. I just wish I could help you more sweetheart because I know this is a very painful condition and if you can get help, it is a Godsend.... Good luck, Debbie B
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
pain relief
rumex, found at nutrition4skin.com is wonderful for pain relief of all types of srthritis, my husband has rheumatoid and osteo and it does wonders for his pain
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
pain relief
rumex, found at nutrition4skin.com is wonderful for pain relief of all types of arthritis, my husband has rheumatoid and osteo and it does wonders for his pain
|

replied August 21st, 2011
Ive been diagnosed with thyroid disease and have all the symptoms plus more that roxydawg describes but the stiffness and pain in my wrists and fingers bothers me the most
|

replied August 21st, 2011
Ive been diagnosed with thyroid disease and have all the symptoms plus more that roxydawg describes but the stiffness and pain in my wrists and fingers bothers me the most
|

replied October 7th, 2011
My symptoms are identical to yours. I have no insurance, so I found a clinical trial for arthritis. They give me all me medications and pay me each visit.
|

replied June 19th, 2012
With so many things that can go wrong with someone and we're supposed to still smile and be happy. I don't have RA but I do have painful neuropathic pain that is about as depressing as RA. I'm only in her because a close friend of mine has RA and I'm just looking for answers in hopes of finding something that will help.
I hope you all find some pain relief, and soon!
|

replied June 19th, 2012
With so many things that can go wrong with someone and we're supposed to still smile and be happy. I don't have RA but I do have painful neuropathic pain that is about as depressing as RA. I'm only in her because a close friend of mine has RA and I'm just looking for answers in hopes of finding something that will help.
I hope you all find some pain relief, and soon!
|

replied June 19th, 2012
Sorry about the repeat, and my spelling. HER = here
|