Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

Scarlet Fever Long-term Effects

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
I had Scarlet Fever as a small child. Now, in m forties, whenever I have a fever from flu or food poisoning or whatever, I have a seizure. I'm wondering if these fever-related seizures could be a lingering long-term effect of the childhood illness. I don't have epilepsy, so I can't figure out what else the seizures could be about.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper scampnalley
|

replied September 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i had a horrible case so SF when i was 13
i havent had anything happen to me since that me nor the doctors believe is from haveing SF
|

replied September 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Scarlet Fever Long-term Effects
bevyofbeauty wrote:
I had Scarlet Fever as a small child. Now, in m forties, whenever I have a fever from flu or food poisoning or whatever, I have a seizure. I'm wondering if these fever-related seizures could be a lingering long-term effect of the childhood illness. I don't have epilepsy, so I can't figure out what else the seizures could be about.

Have you gone to any doctors about this? Seizures are a very serious medical condition.
|

replied December 24th, 2009
Did you let your doctors know you had scarlet fever as a child? On-line research mentions that meningitis can be a long term effect - resulting in inflammation of brain and spinal cord. Ask your doctor about further testing - MR of brain and spinal cord. Though, if you have already had these tests to rule out epilepsy it may be a moot point.

JK
|