Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

burning feet, especially at night, tingling in my scalp !

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I am 32 yrs old and the mom of three small boys.

About 8 years ago I had an episode of partial blindness in my right eye. It went away after a few hours.

Last year when I was pregnant it happened again briefly.

For a couple of years now I have had a problem with seeing flashes, especially when I move my eyes or am doing something where I'm excerting myself.

About a year ago I started getting this annoying tingling sensation in my back about where my shoulder blade is. I kept asking my husband if something was there, but eventually just decided it must be a harmless annoyance.

Just lately I have started having burning feet, especially at night. I also get tingling in my scalp, especially on the left side. It comes and goes, also on buttocks and upper thighs.

I started wondering last week when I kept tripping when I was shopping with my kids. It was embarrasing, I must have tripped on my toes 3-4 times in row while walking around the store!

I also have a problem with slurred speech. I mean to say, "dear," and it comes out like, "dug" or something else. In the past, my husband has playfully teased me about this, but now I'm wondering if it's all related.

None of this has been particularly debilitating, and the scariest thing has been the vision disturbances.

Should I be worried that this is MS, or am I just crazy? I don't want to go to the doctor, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm silly.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mom32
|

replied September 14th, 2007
Go to a Doctor
Sorry to say it I hate them too but yes you should get it checked out. I am also 32, and 3 years ago I had blurryness in my right eye. It was MS.

I'm don't know if you have MS or not but you are the right age and certainly have enough troubling signs that I would have it checked out.

Doctors are no fun but the treatments they have today for MS can slow progression down so that it is not nearly as scary as it was years ago and the sooner you can determine what is wrong the sooner you can begin treatment. Even if it is not MS the sooner you get diagnosed the sooner you can start dealing with it.

Let me know what the doctor says, I will be praying for you.
|

Ms Questions
Should a MRI be done on head and spine? If they do one on head only and it is normal could there be something on spine?
|

Thats a Question For a Neurologist
My first MRI was head only second was head and spine.

I think that if your head is clear the spine would usualy be clear I think the spine is just to make sure how bad it is only. I could be wrong though since I'm pretty new to this myself.

If your doctor says both get both if your doctor says head only then there you go.

Oh and only get the spinal tap if there is no other way bad stuff happened with mine and from what I heard it's not that common but not that uncommon either.
|

replied September 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Check It Out For Sure
I agree, you need to get that check out. Did you read the ten symptoms of MS? My feet burn and tingle all the time. Fingers tingle too and get numb.
My forehead also tingles.
Yes, they should do an MRi without contrast of the Lumpar spine. Some neuro's will opt to do the C and T spine also. All depends on the doc.
Hope this helps,
MsSky
|

replied September 26th, 2008
m.s. and burning feet
this is a new symtom. it wakes me up at night. any suggestions?
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Bipolar
My feet sometimes burn uncontrollably as well blurred vision is a problem that I have at times. Being treated for bipolar for many years know it is not a fun thing but God will take care of us all.
|

replied February 24th, 2011
MS Burning Feet
I have MS and I have had burning feet keep me awake. I get up, run cool water over them in the tub, dry them and go right to sleep. I was driving and about 1 1/2 hours to go to get home and my feet were tingling/burning, just irritating me like crazy and I had difficulty driving. It was about 34 degrees outside. I stopped at a gas station, took my shoes & socks off, got of the car and walked around my car on the cold, rough ground. Got back in, put my socks and shoes back on.... my feet felt great! Don't suffer with these symptoms, trying the simplest of things can give you relief.
|

replied September 18th, 2011
To:mom32
Mom32-did you find out what was wrong?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
whats wrong with my health
I have been searching for what is wrong with me i have fibromyagia but something worse is happending im 30 years old and can am in so much pain and tired can barely stay awake through the daycan not lift my arms up can not lift legs when laying or sitting my legs feel heavy when walkinh cant walk up a hill anymore keep pulling my groin and back out my hips and shoulders and wrists feel like i broke them all my memory is so bad i forget stuff like in 5 seconds ,tingling all over body ,body twiches ,pain in tummy and i cant work anymore i also have ibs,tmjd,depression,could i have ms or als or parkinsons, i see the nero soon
|

replied May 29th, 2012
whats wrong with my health
I have been searching for what is wrong with me i have fibromyagia but something worse is happending im 30 years old and can am in so much pain and tired can barely stay awake through the daycan not lift my arms up can not lift legs when laying or sitting my legs feel heavy when walkinh cant walk up a hill anymore keep pulling my groin and back out my hips and shoulders and wrists feel like i broke them all my memory is so bad i forget stuff like in 5 seconds ,tingling all over body ,body twiches ,pain in tummy and i cant work anymore i also have ibs,tmjd,depression,could i have ms or als or parkinsons, i see the nero soon
|

replied May 29th, 2012
|

replied June 9th, 2012
Wow, I have every problems you have. Minus the vision problem. But the burning feet ( and palms of hands for me) and the tingly scalp. Even the tingling sensation on your back/shoulder blade. I get that too! A doctor told me 5 years ago that I should see a neurologist about it but I still haven't gotten around to it. :/

But the heat is really aggravating it, and I honestly think I'll end up insane after this summer... So I should probably see a doctor soon. I am really thinking of moving to Alaska, haha.
|

replied August 11th, 2012
Burning feet, tingling and muscle twitches are some of the symptoms of a bartonella infection. This is especially likely if you have been exposed to cats, fleas or ticks although there are other sources. A general physician is unlikely to be able to diagnose or treat it. You need to find a Lyme-literate physician (LLMD) who is experienced with bartonella. Try googling 'bartonella' for more information.

My daughter and I have been recently diagnosed with this and have the same symptoms. Treatment is long term (six months to a year or more) antibiotics (such as Rifampin and Biaxin) and additional supplements.
|